Sign in to follow this  
Guest round2racing

Ebay Beware!!!! Seller - Merandaadam (Meranda Signs)

Guest round2racing

BEWARE!!!

BEWARE!!!

I bought vinyl from this seller on ebay and got bad vinyl.

Two of the colors I bought have air pockets every 18 inches or so that go all the way across (24").

I had to use a rolling pin to flatten it and I am still having problems with it.

In fact, the roll of light blue that I bought actually had an email from somone who had returned it.

They never even checked the roll that was returned.

I emailed him about these air pockets and never received a response.

I guess if you ignore the problem, it goes away.

Just a little info for everyone!!!

Guest round2racing

He communicated great with me during the transaction, and I left positive feedback before I opened the light blue, red, and yellow vinyl.

Once I saw what happened, I sent him another email asking about the condition of the vinyl and never got an answer.

I just don't want anyone here to get screwed like I did.

Guess that's what happens when you are a newbie.

Live and learn, like my mom used to say!!!!

:)

:thumbsup:

Guest sciondrgn

Dang sorry to hear that.. I had ordered some vinyl from ebay when I first started and thankfully it turned out ok but like tiz said i just stick to oracal now!

ALL of my vinyl comes from ebay. I know enough to research what I buy. Most of it is either FDC or Avery. I have gotten a bit of 3m as well. The 2 rolls of Oracal I bought via ebay sucked. Hard to weed,hard to use transfer tape on.

To call all ebay vinyl bad is not right. Many regular sign suppliers (Earl Mich,for one) sell on ebay.

Just be careful what you buy. If the price is too good,watch out...and those 'package' deals are almsot always a bad choice.

Having used just about every brand there is...my opinion is: FDC is as good as Oracal for everything I use it for.

John if you were talking to me, I didn't mean to imply that all vinyl from ebay is bad, because it is not as you can attest to.  I was simply stating that it is simpler for me just to order Oracal, which has worked great for me so far, from a source like signwarehouse or uscutter, than it is to go the ebay route.

ALL of my vinyl comes from ebay. I know enough to research what I buy. Most of it is either FDC or Avery. I have gotten a bit of 3m as well. The 2 rolls of Oracal I bought via ebay sucked. Hard to weed,hard to use transfer tape on.

To call all ebay vinyl bad is not right. Many regular sign suppliers (Earl Mich,for one) sell on ebay.

Just be careful what you buy. If the price is too good,watch out...and those 'package' deals are almsot always a bad choice.

Having used just about every brand there is...my opinion is: FDC is as good as Oracal for everything I use it for.

no, I wasn't talking to you, but every time someone is complaining about vinyl they call it 'ebay vinyl' as if it was a brand. I've seen it on here a dozen times.

I don't know about the OP but that vinyl sounds like the stuff that was coming out of Florida until a few months back. It was a roll of the dice. I bought some pink that was great,and some blue that was just as described...tunnelling all the way across the roll. But I was still able to use it...just a lot more trouble.

Guest fivestar

I use only Oracal and FDC regularly, every so often I need a special 3M color.  I will not sacrifice my name with cheap vinyl.  Damn vinyl is so cheap using name brand I don't know why anyone would use no-named brands unless it was a special type/color of vinyl.

I've had vinyl that was branded 3m (and avery) that was rolled onto a roll that said FDC on teh inside. I have a feeling it is all made at the same place..probably not a dime's worth of difference.

BEWARE!!!

BEWARE!!!

I bought vinyl from this seller on ebay and got bad vinyl.

Two of the colors I bought have air pockets every 18 inches or so that go all the way across (24").

I had to use a rolling pin to flatten it and I am still having problems with it.

In fact, the roll of light blue that I bought actually had an email from somone who had returned it.

They never even checked the roll that was returned.

I emailed him about these air pockets and never received a response.

I guess if you ignore the problem, it goes away.

Just a little info for everyone!!!

Thanks for the heads up on this ebay seller.

I bought some ShineRite from hometeam*1 off ebay and was very happy with the product, price, and transaction.

Guest round2racing

If anyone out there deals with an ebay store that has good vinyl, I would love to have their seller ID.

I like the fact that I don't have to buy a 50 yard roll.  My business is not that big yet.  Since we own a racing team,

we have decided to make our business portable and take it on the racing tour with us.

How many buys would love to have new numbers for the side of their car right then?  Hopefully, quite a few - ha ha

But, for right now I am just a little girl trying to get going in the big sign world.......lol

Get yourself a Fellers account or some other supply house near you.  Most of them will sell to you by the yard. 

If you paid via paypal you can open a dispute - "item not as described" or such like. They will freeze his account until your dispute is settled, and you WILL get a refund.

I used to sell a lot of motorcycle parts on ebay and I've had people demand and get refunds on completely fraudulent disputes.  Yours is legit so I have no doubt you will prevail.

Guest stunad, jr.

I've had bum rolls of oracal myself.  I notice the rolls I buy from my neighborhood sign supply store says "made in germany" on them.

This vinyl seems SUPERIOR to the identical stuff I buy online without the made in germany stamp.

post-0-12986536414442_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986536428847_thumb.jpg

Thanks for letting us know about that bad ebay seller. 

I did buy some vinyl from a different seller "signdesignsupplies1" and got some pretty decent stuff.  Shinerite, it was I believe.  Got it pretty quick, also.

Just my 2 cents worth.

I have noticed with buying on ebay the suppliers sometimes ship the vinyl rolled up on a small core and its tight.  So when you go to cut say a yard of it as soon as it flattens the vinyl pukers across the vinyl

Guest round2racing

Does anyone know how to get the bubbles  out when they do that?

I have 10 ft of yellow that has lines of air across it.  It looks like the vinyl shrunk.

I have to smash down the backing and hope that it rolls smoothly and I just know that my luck is going to run out with that method.

Guest ang6220

If you purchase a product and you are not happy with it I don't see why you can not communicate with the seller.  Wheather this is through ebay, mail order or a local supplier.  Most business owners are more than happy to work with there customers. I'm sure they would of swapped the material out if there was a problem with it.

Guest round2racing

I notified this seller twice regarding this and never heard back from them.

dam i wish i would have read this before buying.

I have the same problem from this guy.  everything looked good before starting to work with it now there are bubbles everywhere.

i wish i can modified my feed back

Live and learn i guess.

Guest round2racing

Sorry about that.

He has great prices, but what he sells is the consistency of tissue paper.

I have alerted ebay and complained that he is misrepresenting his products to the general public.

As long as they get their fees, they don't care.

I've had a couple of dud rolls here in Australia over the years,only 2 in 15 years, these were a top quality brand (I wont name here).

The problem was very bad shrinkage.  The first time I spoke to the supplier, they said "You must have been supplied the USA brand, we now only sell the European brand".  Some months later when a second roll was the same, I was told "You must have been supplied the European brand, we now only sell the USA brand".

I've learned that somewhere along the line you will receive a bad roll, both in cheap or top quality vinyl, just send it back and get another.

Here's a site on just some of the problems that can occur, remember any company will from time to time produce a bad roll that slips through the system.

http://www.mobilecustoms.com/avery/

Guest round2racing

Joe, this guys sells all crap.

His rolls are shrunken, I believe they are OLD OLD.

I contacted him about the condition of the vinyl, no response.

I contacted him about the transparency of the vinyl, no response.

I finally gave up and complained to e-bay about his item descriptions.

I wish I had filed a claim with paypal, but time ran out.

This guy is horrible.