Sign in to follow this  
cuincolor

Application to corrugated metal.

We are in need of the expertise of this forum. We have to put vinyl on corrugated trailers and are having a really tough time of it. We have tried doing it dry but are having a lot of problems with air bubbles and the vinyl bunching up. We have lost a lot of vinyl and time doing it this way. So we tried the wet application today and had little success because the vinyl will not stick down in the corners of he corrugation. So any help we can get would be great.

Thanks in advance,

Matt & Kim

Not real sure what a corrugated trailer is...

Try cleaning the surface with rubbing alcohol first off. I personally would do it dry.  Stick it dry using what many people call the hinge method. (measure it, get it where you want it, tape it to surface, lift transfer tape, cut off backing, and apply). When applying, you want to have a squeegee of course, and instead of making one long stroke with the squeegee, make short strokes. If you still have bubbles, take a heat gun to it and squeegee them out as well as possible. Still there? Poke em with a needle and force out the air.

I rarely do wet applications, but when I do I always go over it with a heat gun after I squeegee out the water. It makes the adhesive adhere faster and stronger. Might help with those corners.