Sign in to follow this  
aries58

SWINE FLU

Did ya' see that dumba$# on TV who runs the Dept. of Homeland security today?  NBC asked her if she thought we should shut down the Mexican border.  She said: No, there are already cases of the flu inside the USA, so (basically) what good would it do to close the border?"

Duhhhhh!  BECAUSE IT WOULD KEEP OTHER CONTAMINATED PEOPLE FROM COMING INTO THE US!!!!!  And this dope is incharge of whether we get attacked by terrorists?

Man, we're in BIG trouble!

Seem like to keep the swin flu from spreading even worse  they ought to just shout down all the borders and cancel any flight's going to mexico and coming from mexico and other countries that may have the swin flu instead of yah keep coming to the US we don't care....LOL

just shout down all the borders

Yelling at them is not going to help  :thumbsup:

Jon

Did ya' see that dumba$# on TV who runs the Dept. of Homeland security today?  NBC asked her if she thought we should shut down the Mexican border.  She said: No, there are already cases of the flu inside the USA, so (basically) what good would it do to close the border?"

Duhhhhh!  BECAUSE IT WOULD KEEP OTHER CONTAMINATED PEOPLE FROM COMING INTO THE US!!!!!   And this dope is incharge of whether we get attacked by terrorists?

Well said!!!!

Duhhhhh!  BECAUSE IT WOULD KEEP OTHER CONTAMINATED PEOPLE FROM COMING INTO THE US!!!!!   And this dope is incharge of whether we get attacked by terrorists?

so far.all reported cases in the US have been people who are Americans,returning from Vacation in Mexico. So what do we do...shut down the borders and tell them to just stay there and rot?

Shutting down the borders is a simple minded answer to a complicated problem,and is about as effective as building a fence to keep illegals out.

Once you understand how things like this spread, you will see. WE cannot isolate ourselves from the rest of the world.It's already too late.

AS far as what the homeland security person said...if I want to know anything about the flu, I ask someone whio is an expert of the flu. When the CDC says shut down teh borders,then do it.

Duhhhhh!  BECAUSE IT WOULD KEEP OTHER CONTAMINATED PEOPLE FROM COMING INTO THE US!!!!!  And this dope is incharge of whether we get attacked by terrorists?

so far.all reported cases in the US have been people who are Americans,returning from Vacation in Mexico. So what do we do...shut down the borders and tell them to just stay there and rot?

Shutting down the borders is a simple minded answer to a complicated problem,and is about as effective as building a fence to keep illegals out.

Once you understand how things like this spread, you will see. WE cannot isolate ourselves from the rest of the world.It's already too late.

AS far as what the homeland security person said...if I want to know anything about the flu, I ask someone whio is an expert of the flu. When the CDC says shut down teh borders,then do it.

Perfectly stated.

Guest round2racing

As a retired paramedic, I can  tell you what I know about these obscure strains of flu.

More than 90% of people who contract any flu virus can survive it with supportive care.

These flu strains are a danger to people who cannot afford to go to the doctor, people with compromised immune systems, and people in poorer health.

The key to surviving is supportive care.

I bought my kids portable hand sanitizer and told them that they MUST keep their hands away from their faces - NO MATTER WHAT. 

Well guess I better stay in door after having 4 major open heart surgies and other major operation I would be screwed if I cought it.

I used to be scared at the beginning, but not anymore... come on 6,000 confirmed cases around the world and just a microscopic portion of them died. I mean 1 lost life is 1 lost life, but I think we are most likely to die in a car accident than by the swine flu.

Joe, I feel the exact same way.

I got nervous at first, but when you consider how many get the flu each year, unfortunately X amount of people die.........but it's not enough of a reason for everyone to panic.

Just use common sense on personal hygiene.

+1 , I was surprised when I heard the number of people that died last year from whatever the regular flu's are ... dwarf's the amount the swine flu has killed . I think paranoia & panic is not prudent , but extra care could keep it from becoming a pandemic  :thumbsup:

sensationalism sells newspapers and makes people watch TV news.

This whole thing has been much ado about nothing.

The news blows everything up!!!  35,000 people die from the regular flu every year.  Yeah sure this flu can mutate but come on.........its all the news' fault!!!

It's still making top news here. Seems that everyday another one or two cases are confirmed here.

I think people are forgetting that it's swine flu, and not swine plague. Nobody wants to get sick, but it's inevitable that you will. Try to stay healthy, eat right, take your Flintstones vitamins, a little exercise and a LOT of common sense will go a long way. R2R is right, the people that will be most susceptible to succumb to this strain of flu will be those who cannot afford to care for themselves better - whether it be getting to the doctor, to just keeping warm and dry at night. The first US adult fatality reported that the woman that died had some serious ongoing health issues even before she got swine flu.

I think it would help if physicians take more time to diagnose the differences between bacterial and viral colds, rather then script an antibiotic all the time. It just compounds the problem, and worse yet - when someone does have a bacterial cold, that they do not finish their course of antibiotics, leaving them exposed to a relapse or passing on the cold that has been slightly modified because of the incomplete course of drugs.

The was a single confirmed case in one of the forms at the University, shortly after there was talk about canceling graduation because of it (sigh). Thank goodness for the graduates, friends and family, commencement was not canceled, instead, nobody shook hands.

It's kind of funny here, since it's a culturally common practice to meet and depart friends and family with a kiss or a hug. Any time a lei is given, so goes a kiss on the cheek.

The media needs to stop sensationalizing it. It's an unfortunate epidemic, but the media is making it worse and it's making people very panicky.

Closing the borders is a bad idea, and so was those 351 people that were 'quarantined' in Hong Kong.

Sorry peeps, that's just my 2c.gif. I look forward to the day when I can watch the news and not hear the words, "swine flu."

China has to be stricter because they do not have the medical facilities to deal with it. Most over there can not go to the doctor.