Sign in to follow this  
latitude42

Black boxes, power ok, carriage NOT on red button...??

Ok, cutter has worked well for over a year... was cutting fine all week long, was cutting good today for half day, then cutter stopped... carraige in center, black boxes on top line of display... fan works... voltage at outlet ok...:thumbsup: Creation p-cut CT 630... any ideas... was at a show and have orders piling up???

Thanks,

Larry C

Guest stunad, jr.

pull the red buttons out, they have a tendency to stick.  If not the problem, take it apart and make sure all connections are solid....  Moving it from place to place may be the prob. 

my 2cents

Red buttons ok, checked them with ohm meter (disconnected), they are a n/o switch with infinate ohms when not pushed... checked every connection on the machine except the lcd readout, that should not be bad & if it is I should be able to control from computer... I think it might be the mother board, but tyrying to make sure before I decide on the next step. New board or Copam..:thumbsup: not sure the Pcut was neant to run for 12 hours a day, but then again neither am I.. :thumbsup:

Looking for a way to be sure before I proceed... but have to do something, work is piling up...

Thanks

Larry C

As a side note... the red stop buttons work... I pushed them an they lock the carraige & you must power down the machine before you can move them (manually) again.

Larry C

I removed the motherboard, checked all connections and re-installed... same row of black boxes... :thumbsup:?

Thanks again,

Larry C

Replaced the mother board... still no worky worky... still have row of black boxes.... still out of business??? what next?:thumbsup:

Do you have a wiring diagram available???

Larry C

OK, hair all pulled out.... Fluke meter running on overdrive... cutter seems like it wants to work, but no worky worky. :'(.. test little red buttons... buttons not the problem... test power supply, power supply not the problem.. :'(. drink 48oz. rum and coke... problem still there but now I don't give a sh##.

Replaced mother board... no worky worky :)... second rum and coke.... take bottom off and stare at electronics.... order a Summa. :o... go back and stare at electonics... !!!!!!!!!!!! CHIP is NOT included with new mother board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I remove chip from old mother board and install in new mother board.... no worky worky ##!*## ;D

Plug in power cord (that I unpluged when I changed the chip) . :thumbsup:........................WORKY WORKY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have another rum and coke.... ;D  ;D  ;D

Larry C

Will give it a cut test tomorrow when I'm sober.