Sign in to follow this  
Guest sciondrgn

My own place!!!

Guest sciondrgn

OMG Im soooo excited.. 

Basically in a nutshell im 28 and live with Mom.. Yeah I know sad right..

Well Im in process of getting my first house and im super excited! It an older fixer upper but it will keep me busy for sure! This weekend we are ripping up all the carpets and kitchen flooring and putting all new down.. It has wood paneling which im not to crazy about but it will work for now.  And one of the best things is the work room..   Its huge!! Im going to set up a nice vinyl / t-shirt room in there. When I get settled in Im going to make me a wood working table and some shelves and things.

I still have so much to get and have to buy as money comes along but hopefully in a few weeks I will be at a point where I can move in ;D I will make sure to get some pics to once I get the room setup   ;D ;D ;D ;D

Guest fivestar

Congrats and be sure to take some before and after pics of the house itself, so you can show everyone the improvements you done.  I'm 40 and wished I lived with my mom, it'd be ALOT CHEAPER.  ;D ;D ;D

Guest sciondrgn

Congrats and be sure to take some before and after pics of the house itself, so you can show everyone the improvements you done.  I'm 40 and wished I lived with my mom, it'd be ALOT CHEAPER.  ;D ;D ;D

I know right.. Its been great and have had lots of extra money to buy toys but now its time to grow up I guess LOL..  Will do.. Ill take some pics this weekend before we start ripping the place up lol

Congrats... word of advice from someone who's just finishing up a pretty big home remodeling job; don't start too many projects at once, or you're bound to get overwhelmed with no end in sight. Start one or two at a time, and don't start another until the first ones are finished or close to being finished. BTW... remodeling kitchens SUCK lol.

Guest sciondrgn

Congrats... word of advice from someone who's just finishing up a pretty big home remodeling job; don't start too many projects at once, or you're bound to get overwhelmed with no end in sight. Start one or two at a time, and don't start another until the first ones are finished or close to being finished. BTW... remodeling kitchens SUCK lol.

Yeah One of the tasks for this weekend is to make a list of things I want to do,

First is Carpet and Flooring, we are going to take everything up and then a guy is coming in to put all new flooring down.

Next big project will be installing a Central Heat and AC unit..

Congrats man, I know everyone gets super pumped on their first house... I know I did!

As FireMalt said, take it step by step.  I know I am overwhelmed now with task and it really weighs on you after some time! :-

Great! I've done the fix-er-upper thing twice.

Now at 54 I am back with Mom...not because I don't have a place of my own...but because she needs me and it's payback time.

Guest kenya

That's great Dragon....... I'm excited for you.

Getting my first house was so much fun. Yes, it can be overwhelming- but it is exciting when you get to lay out where things will go & what kind of stuff you want to furnish it with.

Would love to see the before & after photos and you gotta show picks of the new work room.

Hopefully you didn't find a house too far from mom. When I left the nest, I only moved a mile away. She may have cut the apron strings, but I wasn't going to be too far from great home cooked meals- ;D.

Now she lives in our guest house. Like John said, it's payback time. ;D

Guest sciondrgn

That's great Dragon....... I'm excited for you.

Getting my first house was so much fun. Yes, it can be overwhelming- but it is exciting when you get to lay out where things will go & what kind of stuff you want to furnish it with.

Would love to see the before & after photos and you gotta show picks of the new work room.

Hopefully you didn't find a house too far from mom. When I left the nest, I only moved a mile away. She may have cut the apron strings, but I wasn't going to be too far from great home cooked meals- ;D.

Now she lives in our guest house. Like John said, it's payback time. ;D

From work to home its 12 miles, from work to new home is 12.5 and from home to new home is 12.05 miles.. We have a nice little triangle between them all ;D

Guest sciondrgn

Ok update!!!

Got all the old kitchen flooring out and all the carpet.. Cleaned everything really well and got the new kitchen flooring down and new tack strips and padding in the entire house... Tomorrow is carpet time :D  Then Im moving in :rolleyes:

Here is a before/after of the kitchen..  Its still not done but one thing at a time :o  Im going to save up and buy a new sink and stove top and stove hood then want to do a new counter top and repaint the cabinets some color..

All the junk in the upper pics is what was left by previous owner

kitchenbefore.jpg

width=450 height=600http://www.sinabu.net/kitchenafter.jpg[/img]

Looking good! Don't forget you can get a tax break on some new upgrades to your house from the federal governemnt! I think some of the gas and electric companies also have rebates available.

Guest sciondrgn

Looking good! Don't forget you can get a tax break on some new upgrades to your house from the federal governemnt! I think some of the gas and electric companies also have rebates available.

You better believe it :D Im keeping all my receipts and do plan on replacing some appliances this year so going to take advantage of as much as I can :D

Guest kenya

Looks much better !!!!  :D.

Guest sciondrgn

All carpet is done and the house is all cleaned up on the inside :thumbsup: Im taking my first load of personal things over to the house after work :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Guest fivestar

Excellent.....Now all the fun comes.......those monthly bills......they are so fun to see in the mailbox, makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Excellent.....Now all the fun comes.......those monthly bills......they are so fun to see in the mailbox, makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :rolleyes:

You are supposed to PAY those?

This explains a few things.

Guest sciondrgn

Excellent.....Now all the fun comes.......those monthly bills......they are so fun to see in the mailbox, makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :rolleyes:

I think the freedom of being on your own and having your own place to do whatever you want with is sooooo worth it :o

Guest fivestar

I think the freedom of being on your own and having your own place to do whatever you want with is sooooo worth it :)

hhhhmmmm....My wife don't let me do whatever I want whenever I want.  :o :o :huh:

hhhhmmmm....My wife don't let me do whatever I want whenever I want.

Mine does, so long as she's the one telling me what it is she wants done and when she wants it done. :huh::o

BTW - House seems to be coming along nicely.  :o

Guest sciondrgn

I think the freedom of being on your own and having your own place to do whatever you want with is sooooo worth it :)

hhhhmmmm....My wife don't let me do whatever I want whenever I want.  :o :o :huh:

Well since im alone I shouldnt have that problem.. At least I hope not LOL