tlzimmerman

Supply Ideas for UScutter.......list your needs!

How about CAMO vinyl. Its pretty hot right now and very hard to get if you don't have a printer. Some of the other crazy prints would be great too like zebra and such.

Printed pattern vinyl zebra camo, Glitter colors please or better metallic colors such as pink, teal and so on.

I would be happy with an actual manual and detailed videos included with my 50" SC cutter on how to operate it and the SCAL software that they included. I got most of it conquered now, but contour cutting would be nice.  I'm tired of chasing down videos all over the web.  And when I do find one, they either want to spend 20 extra minutes talking about their personal life or they have a strong accent that I can barely understand their knowledge.  Frustrating.  

I would be happy with an actual manual and detailed videos included with my 50" SC cutter on how to operate it and the SCAL software that they included. I got most of it conquered now, but contour cutting would be nice.  I'm tired of chasing down videos all over the web.  And when I do find one, they either want to spend 20 extra minutes talking about their personal life or they have a strong accent that I can barely understand their knowledge.  Frustrating.  

They sell equipment, they aren't in the business of training people to use the equipment - that is what college and training sessions are for.   whe you buy a screen printing set up or embroidery the company that sells it doesn't give free training but many offer classes you can pay for.   Heck there are college classes on illustrator, corel, photoshop, etc to teach the skills needed - that is a little above a sellers duties.   too many people buy a plotter and expect it to be like the printer they hook up to their computers.

• Like 1

"too many people buy a plotter and expect it to be like the printer they hook up to their computers."

When I received my USCUTTER MH machine, I simply plugged it into the USB port, selected the cutter in the Setup dialogue box of SignBlazerElements, laid out my sign lettering, and hit CutTile.

It worked right off the bat, no fiddling around, no fuss no muss.

As for contour cutting? Not part of my operations (no printer, so no need) and I imagine most people who are using value-priced basic cutters don't own printers, either.

I disagree about contour cutting be needed because many on here use the contour cut feature for t-shirt transfers. It is about the only thing I use scalp for anymore.

"too many people buy a plotter and expect it to be like the printer they hook up to their computers."

When I received my USCUTTER MH machine, I simply plugged it into the USB port, selected the cutter in the Setup dialogue box of SignBlazerElements, laid out my sign lettering, and hit CutTile.

It worked right off the bat, no fiddling around, no fuss no muss.

As for contour cutting? Not part of my operations (no printer, so no need) and I imagine most people who are using value-priced basic cutters don't own printers, either.

I would suspect you had some prior experience with vector graphics also .  . . 

I stand corrected on the contour cutting for T-shirt transfers --  of course that's true, and is a vital part of the process.

As for vector graphics ---  not really experienced with them prior to getting this sign store open.

At the point of starting with the cutter, my vector graphics capabilities consisted primarily of using those inside SignBlazer's LIBRARY.

And at some point later on, I bought a DVD set of ready-to-cut items.

95% of my sign work consists of words (lettering) and rarely will I venture into vector graphics.

They sell equipment, they aren't in the business of training people to use the equipment - that is what college and training sessions are for.   whe you buy a screen printing set up or embroidery the company that sells it doesn't give free training but many offer classes you can pay for.   Heck there are college classes on illustrator, corel, photoshop, etc to teach the skills needed - that is a little above a sellers duties.   too many people buy a plotter and expect it to be like the printer they hook up to their computers.

I didn't ask for full blown college course training.  But a basic how to do would be nice.   

I understand what how you feel but when you buy a new car do they teach you how to drive? Perhaps they should offer up an instructional dvd for sale on the website. I bought  a couple different dvd's when starting out to help me understand certain things because I learn much better by seeing something that reading about it.

Ive been able to learn everything from reading here, youtube videos and instruction manuals on USCutter support. There is a how to video for the SC on their youtube channel also.

I'd really like a pair is scissors that has regular sized handles but blades about 3/8 inch and THIN!

If you really want a great idea buy some decent, used printer/cutters and refurb them, then sell em' on your site.

I've got one for sale just 4 hrs north of you

If you really want a great idea buy some decent, used printer/cutters and refurb them, then sell em' on your site.

was you in atlanta on Nov 6 and columbus today??

OK the nov 6 coincides with the sgia expo - must be you signed up when you logged in down there . . . 

I got most of it conquered now, but contour cutting would be nice.  I'm tired of chasing down videos all over the web.  And when I do find one, they either want to spend 20 extra minutes talking about their personal life or they have a strong accent that I can barely understand their knowledge.

• Like 1

I know some of you guys and gals got a copy of Sure Cuts A Lot Pro 3 with your US Cutter orders and never even opened it, since you use other cutting software, so its sitting on a shelf collecting dust, my plea is I have my copy loaded on my Desktop, and I SHOULD be able to download ONE MORE COPY to my new laptop, and I can not get it to work. (You tech Gurus feel free to jump in with your options other than this plan) I am looking for a kind soul who is not using their copy of SCA pro 3 to share with me the license number so I can get back online while mobile.

I have attempted to reach out to USCutter, and I realize it is a holiday weekend, but I am in a pickle and need to be able to work.

I tried their live support but someone must have forgotten to flip the switch to say they were closed, and I sat there like a goober for over 30 minutes. (Insert a nice Homer Simpson Doohh here)

So If you can help, PLEASE let me know.

Thank you in Advance.

I know some of you guys and gals got a copy of Sure Cuts A Lot Pro 3 with your US Cutter orders and never even opened it, since you use other cutting software, so its sitting on a shelf collecting dust, my plea is I have my copy loaded on my Desktop, and I SHOULD be able to download ONE MORE COPY to my new laptop, and I can not get it to work. (You tech Gurus feel free to jump in with your options other than this plan) I am looking for a kind soul who is not using their copy of SCA pro 3 to share with me the license number so I can get back online while mobile.

I have attempted to reach out to USCutter, and I realize it is a holiday weekend, but I am in a pickle and need to be able to work.

I tried their live support but someone must have forgotten to flip the switch to say they were closed, and I sat there like a goober for over 30 minutes. (Insert a nice Homer Simpson Doohh here)

So If you can help, PLEASE let me know.

Thank you in Advance.

You may have better luck with the company that makes the software  Craftedge.com   They can reset your license for you...You may have installed it too many times...Or it thinks so.

I would like to see them start offering customer loyalty incentives.  We give them a good deal of our money and occasionally it would be nice if they took a small portion of that back as a thank you for using US Cutter rather than all of the other options we have.

They do have an incentive rebate program. If you spend $20k plus a year on consumables you should contact the sales staff to learn more.

I would like to see them start offering customer loyalty incentives.  We give them a good deal of our money and occasionally it would be nice if they took a small portion of that back as a thank you for using US Cutter rather than all of the other options we have.

what are the cheaper options?