Forko

For anyone using USB and having to reset their cutters in between cuts.....

I was having a problem with cuts stopping mid way through or not cutting at all. the only way to get it going again was to unplug the cutters USB cable. My computer did not have a serial port so I had 2 options. Buy a card or get an adapter. I ended up getting the adapter since it was the cheapest route. It works flawlessly! The best part is it was only 6 bucks shipped on ebay. I could have got it cheaper if I wanted to order from hong kong. Here is a link to the one i ordered http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=120315721198, it was alot cheaper than the others some have recommended.

Its almost cheap enough to include with the cutter when purchased  :thumbsup:;D

Good Luck!

thanks forco,, i just ordered one,, or two,, lol good things to have around,,

MMM

ok got mine and went to cut, and i need to pick another port, is says it want to cut thru toport 10 ,, which i have another machine set up at ,, i stopped becuase i dont want to upset any of my setting with each cutter, is that ok to click yes,, and will it ackowlege, the seiral when using it, and if i want to go back to usb,, it will be ok?

and i think i needed to put in a new setting under, plotter, also, what is your setting at,,

when i use usb i am cutter plotter  blaze6  and king cut

so with serial, it would be com or port 10 and roland?

Thanks

Sandy jo

if you have an open pci slot in your computer, the very best and pretty much the same cost way to go is here...

http://www.usbgear.com/computer_cable_details.cfm?sku=165976&cats=462&catid=538%20%2C538%2C%2C462%2C%2C909

you will never have any problems like these again. but don't hold me to that. :o its what i did for my laserpoint and it runs flawlessly ever since. and it has freed up one of my usb ports for other more important things like my ipod.

bb

I have a ton of usb ports i think 14 ,,, so i have many empty ones,,

not a bad idea tho, lol

MMM

Its almost cheap enough to include with the cutter when purchased  :P :P

I would think that inside the cutter, it pretty much is an adapter before the USB cord outlet.  Am I wrong?

@fig865

Yes, you are right. Unfortunately the one in the cutter really sucks. I have witnessed it first hand, since I bought the adapter I have had no problems at all.