Sign in to follow this  
Guest JogaShop

Setting up cut area... HELP PLEASE

Guest JogaShop

how do i set the cut area/roll size in signblazer or in the actual pcut and do i load the vinyl facing up underneath the pinch rollers right?? how far out does the vinyl needs to be a lil bit passing the cutting blade maybe??

Where does the Black box needs to be set before starting to cut?

also standing in front of the pcut i load vinyl from behind top left side correct? if not how?? bTW im working with 15" wide rolls on a pcut 25"

Thanks in advance i really need the help

I have attached a pdf of what im trying to do

Heya Joga!

I think I can answer your questions or at least give it a good try.

load the vinyl from the back facing up. It really doesnt matter if you line it up from the left or the right on the cutter. I always tend to load it on the right side. facing the cutter, pull the vinyl from the back to the front underneath the cutting blade and pinch rollers. I usually pull it to the first or second groove on the front of the machine. I place my pinch rollers approx. 2 inches from each edge and lower the feet. Next I use the key pad, take the cutter offline and using the arrow keys ( on the little screen it will read x and y) adjust the blade and move it all the way to the right, make sure its placed over the top of the vinyl. I dont put it all the way to the right edge but very close. Next, once its set where you want it, press the middle button one time that will set your blade ( x and y will have 0 value on the little cutter screen.  to start cutting right where you placed the blade. lastly press online. Your cutter is ready. In sign blaser, when you click over to the cutter screen make sure you go to "set-up" and a screen will pop up on the left and thats where you will set your vinyl size, width and length. once you do that and press ok, you are ready to start cutting.  I hope this helps you and I was clear enough!

Renee

Guest JogaShop

Wow you are a life saver Thank you

i can move the pinch rollers with my hands wherever i need them to be at? only the cutter needs to be moved by the machine buttons correct?

and also this is what i am going to attempt to do so

Outside banner.pdf

Outside banner.pdf

Joga,

you are correct, you move the pinch rollers with your hands and the blade is moved by the machine.

what you are wanting to cut out is easy enough, all you have to do is type the word. Make sure you have set up your work space on the screen and you do that by clicking on file I think, scoll down till you see workspace. once you do that you will go back to the main screen in sign blazer and see a box on the screen. all your work must be WITHIN that box other wise it will NOT cut when you go to the cutting screen. I usually make my work space a little bit smaller than my cutting measurements so I dont make a mistake and have the blade be cutting OFF the edge of the vinyl and ruining the whole design. that has happened to me! To measure your letters this is what I do, I type my word, then I hit the little arrow at the top left of my cutting screen to select my word ( a box will appear around your word) I pull a corner of the box to make the word bigger and when you do this you will notice at the bottom middle of your screen two blocks with numbers that will change as you pull or push the box in or out. that will give you how wide and tall your word is.

Good luck and I hope you can understand what I'm saying...lol. I'm tired :thumbsup:

Renee

Guest JogaShop

Awesome Thanks so much you rock