midwaste

PaperStreetPlastic - Ebay Vinyl

Has anybody used any vinyl from here?

http://stores.ebay.com/Paper-Street-Plastics

I just got a bunch of samples from them yesterday, and they have some REALLY cool stuff.  I havent tried cutting it yet, but it looks very film-like.

Metallics, Prisms, and I ordered a 12" roll of brushed aluminum and carbon fiber, and they are freaking AWESOME.

Guest kenya

I don't know how they are, but I would like to know also.

They have some diamond plate that I would like to order.

Also, wonder what the outdoor life is on this stuff?

And how would it compare to FDC?

i ordered 6 different rolls yesterday.. i figured i'd give it a shot  :thumbsup:

i will post what i think after i get it and use a few pieces. really anxious to try the chrome red!

I talked with Bob there and he is sending me samples as well as pieces of there products,age,etc.. I will also let you guys know what I think about it when they arrive.

I also asked about purchasing direct etc from them and prices I will also post once I get the news.

Ordered a roll of metallic Violet for a kart job today and finally got around to cutting some of the brushed metal I had already ordered.  Didn't change any settings (never do, really) and it cut and weeded fine.

Love it...

2a6ntxs.jpg

Thanks to Kenya for the 'Stang!

Guest kenya

Can't wait to see everyone's opinion of his products.

Keep us informed.

BTW, cool 'stang  :thumbsup:.

I had emailed them asking outdoor life of the vinyl and they responded that it's 5yr so would be like the Schein vinyl. Anyone that has this vinyl, have you used the Schein brand before to be able to compare?

Anyone know if he offers local pickup? My best friend lives in that same township. Would be sweet.

Well, I cut, weeded and applied decals to both the trailer and the kart, and I can't complain about anything.  I'll take and post some pictures when I get a chance.

Cuts nice, weeds nice, what more can you want?  I'd like someone who has used Creative or FDC vinyls to compare them for a reference point.

Just having the sample books around is worth it, people get amped up looking at all the possibilities...

Guest kenya

Thanks for the info midwaste.

I might have to give them a try. I really don't need it too last a really long time, as I'm going to be using it on race cars (the cars never seem to make it thru race night- :thumbsup:).

Just went to check it out. FOund this link on their Ebay Page.

Unless the vinyl is labeled "Long-Life", it is rated for one year outdoor life.  The Long-Life vinyls are rated for 5 year outdoor life.

Actual outdoor life varies greatly. It is the prolonged exposure to  intense sunlight that will degrade and yellow the vinyl. This degredation will occur much sooner in places like Florida, Texas, AZ, SoCal. The vinyl will last much longer in northern areas such as NY, Chicago, WA, Canada, etc.

The colored vinyls last longer than the silver vinyls. The colorants block some of the damaging rays and also hide some of the yellowing that occurs.  Clear topcoats such as frog juice can be applied over the vinyl to lengthen its outdoor life.

Glass windows on cars seem to be one of the toughest environments for vinyl, especially in the southern US. The glass seems to cause the metal layer to oxidize and turn clear.  If the decal can be placed on inside of window, it should last much longer. This is a great place to use the longlife vinyl or white vinyl.

Just make sure your getting the long Life Stuff.

Kevin

I've never seen any 1 year vinyl. 2 year is the least I've ever seen.

I ordered a few, should be here tommorrow. I'll let you guys know how it goes!

I haven't ordered from them but there is another person on ebay that has a large selection of specialty vinyl on ebay.  The store name is foxfire distributers.  I have purchased and cut some of their chrome and mulit lense vinyl.  The product that I purchased is a thick mil (not sure how thick) It isn't very pliable, so if you have tight radii or curves it might be tough to work with, but for flat surfaces it is pretty good.  My Dad ordered the carbon fiber from them just to do some hand cut outs for a motorcycle tank and he was extremely happy with the outcome.

I just ordered some chrome and diamond plate stuff. im reading that chrome and specialty stuff is sometimes trick to cut. i hope i have some luck.

i got the sample books from paperstreet and my customer was blown away how cool the stuff is.

remember this stuff will be hard on your blade, I use a second blade holder with a slightly used blade for metallics and reflectives so I done mess up my main vinyl blade!

i dont know about you guys but why risk using some off the wall brands?