Sign in to follow this  
nbeaton

cut restart everytime

I go to cut I have to restart my computer to get SBE to cut. Can someone tell me WHY. I am running Windows Vista.

This is getting old I will wear out my computer.

Someone help me please.

Usually happens when a customer is using the USB connection method with Vista, so is this on a desktop or laptop?

I'm having the same problem.  (Laserpoint 24 usb signblazer)  It was happening on my desktop using xp so I tried it with my new laptop using vista, and I'm having the same problem as well as the cutter not always finishing the job.  Stops part way through.  Cutter says waiting....  freezes up the whole system.  Can't find a laptop to buy that has a 9 pin.  This is wasting a lot of vinyl :thumbsup: 

Please Please help me!

the USB ports went out on the lap top so we put it on mine

If it is a desktop, just get a PCI 9-pin Serial card to add to your desktop for about $10, then you can use a more stable connection method.

All I have is the USB on my home comp the only 9 pin I have is for my monitor basically, so if I get that card I can hook the cutter to it and that will help with the freezing and stopping issue.;D

Looks like I am gonna hit the ebay and get me a 9 pin card then adn eliminate that issue, Thanks a million

By the way any certain brand I should go with on the card?;D

Sometime go into your computer start button and click on control panel go to device manager look for the port (COM&LPT) DOUBLE CLICK INTO THAT AND IT WILL BRING UP  USB SERIAL PORT(COM3OR4 OR WHATEVER # IT IS DOUBLE CLICK INTO THAT AND A SCREEN WILL COME UP AT THE TOP OF THE SCREEN IT HAS A PORT SETTING TAB CLICK INTO THAT AND AT THE BOTTOM IT WILL SAY FLOW CONTROL IT IS PROLLY SET AT "NONE" CHANGE IT OVER TO HARDWARE.. HOPE IT WORKS FOR YOU :thumbsup: