Sign in to follow this  

What a night!  I sent my sign to the cutter and I ordered six copies.  It mapped it all out and then refused to cut.  I checked all of my settings, checked my baud rating and everything was where it should be it just wouldn't cut.  After messing around for a while I got frustrated and just shut everything down.  I went back to my room turned on the cutter and tried to cut a test patch and it just said "Waiting" so I turned it off and went and cleaned, something I do when I am frustrated.  After I calmed down I went back in and sent three copies to be cut, same thing so I clicked finish and sent 1 sign to the cutter.  It cut beautifully except the machine sounds like a moose in mating season.  I changed my orgin same thing, it cut beautifully.  I did it a third time and on the fourth time it wouldn't cut.  My baud rating had changed so I changed it on Sign Blazer and it cut.  Cut out all six signs and went to weed them...the first sign weeded great not the 2nd one, in fact it will have to be recut.  I weeded the 3rd sign again great, not the 4th, 5th - great, not the sixth.  So in other words everything on the right of the cutter is great everything on the left cut too shallow.  Errr-r--r-r.  Cleaned some more.  Went back in and designed a saying that will go on a tile.  Changed my vinyl, ran a couple of test patches for depth and sent it to the cutter.  It cut out the details great started on the lettering and on the bottom it started to peel the letters up.  Really am ticked off now, shut the machines down, went to bed.  And now I am pleading for help.  What am I doing wrong? :) 

Thanks for helping me out, again!

Jackie

I've never had any of the problems except for the letters peeling up,and only with very small text...less than 1/4 inch tall. This was due to the blade being too far out. Try slowing the cutting speed down and see if it helps.

Also,remember that every time you turn the cutter off and back on,you have to re-set the speed and force.

I wish I could help you more but being there is the best way to see what is going on. You can just do what I do,keep trying different things till you figure it out. Cut very small tests so you won't waste much vinyl.

The difference in cutting depth has been mentioned before.. I have never had the problem nor has my brother with his Pcut...but some have suggested that it might be a static electricity thing...make sure your cutter is grounded. I don't have mine grounded but my entire shop has a concrete floor so I don't have a problem with static electricity build-up. My feet hurt,though.