jeremySI

Fellers??

i know they are like the biggest supplier of vinyl and i was thinking of buying stuff for them. question is though does anyone know if their locations are just like distribution centers or are they a walk in and buy type deal. and if you can buy straight from the store is it like only mass quantity purchasing or small amounts for us guys that dont need much.

Their locations are warehouses but you can call your order in to them and pick it up at the warehouse as long as they have it in stock at the warehouse that is in your area. That seems to be the biggest issue with Fellers, almost every time I place an order with them the stuff ships from 3 or 4 different warehouses therefore taking some things longer than others to get to me.

I don't see much point in having several locations if they don't have showrooms or sales counters. How hard could it be?

That is not their business. They are a sign supply warehouse not a storefront. The reason for having so many locations is to be able to get sign shops what they need in a timely manner which is not always the case...lol

it would be great if they made it where you could walk through and see a roll or every single brand and color that they stock. would make getting the right thing you need so easy

it would be great if they made it where you could walk through and see a roll or every single brand and color that they stock. would make getting the right thing you need so easy

I agree... I would love to see a storefront, but could you imagine how big that place would have to be to display every item they offer?!?!

teh local sign supply company where I lived a vfew years ago stocked a full line of supplies,offered pre-made custome banners, vinyl by the foot...etc. They had a counter and showroom. They also had a warehouse. And their prices (like most places) were 10-30% less than  fellers. That is why I have never bought from fellers.

I buy 99.9% of my Materials from Fellers and if I order by 3:00 pm I have it on my door step the next day. most of the time before noon.. I never had a problem fellers.. they are a good supplier in my book :thumbsup:

teh local sign supply company where I lived a vfew years ago stocked a full line of supplies,offered pre-made custome banners, vinyl by the foot...etc. They had a counter and showroom. They also had a warehouse. And their prices (like most places) were 10-30% less than  fellers. That is why I have never bought from fellers.

The ONLY reason why I use Fellers(which is time to time) is cause it's local, and they price match.

I guess I just don't like paying more for stuff than I have to. Or should have to.

Just took a look at their website and see they have a warehouse in my state. Is the catalog free?

Just took a look at their website and see they have a warehouse in my state. Is the catalog free?

Yes...

The ONLY reason why I use Fellers(which is time to time) is cause it's local, and they price match.

I didn't know that, but I'll keep it in mind.  :thumbsup: Thanks.

Z

Where are you getting supplies for less then Fellers? Have been using Fellers for 4 years with very few problems and any problem was always fixed. Also Fellers has always been any price.

Fellers will price match or beat any price you can get anywhere else. They actually have the best pricing around for a lot of material. I buy my banner material, printable vinyl and ink from them exclusively.

I have a Fellers locally and usually just call in the morning and go by and pick up my stuff in the afternoon.  Never had anything not be in stock yet, but I usually have pretty standard requests.

I placed an order with them last Wednesday for a roll of Banner material and 2 rolls of vinyl.

The banner came from my local warehouse which arrived on Thursday, one roll of vinyl came from Ohio and got here on Friday and I am still waiting on the other roll of vinyl. If I dont get it by tomorrow I will call them but that's the only problem that I ever have with them. If I need something next day and they don't have it in my state I will usually order from a different supplier that I use.

I am more of a small supply type of person, where your not dealing with a large corporate entity. That's probably why i like UsCutter so much. They do a lot of business but not a in a conglomerate way. That said, UsCutters prices are darn good. I didn't see many place on the web that beat them. Especially if you figure shipping. But I found a local shop (60 miles from me, I live in the boondocks), that is a pretty small warehouse. It's been in business for 30+ years, originally just selling paint to sign guys that hand paint them. They got into the vinyl business a few years back and now carry a really good supply.

It's a 3 or 4 man operation that when you walk in the door they treat you like a wanted customer. They take you in the warehouse to check out the stock so you can see what Oracal 651 "Sign Yellow" actually looks and feel like before you decide to pick up 10 yards, or 5 or 1 if you like. And to let you Drool over the Gerber cast vinyl you can't afford right now :-(. then to boot, their prices per yard are cheaper than anyplace on the web. They give good discounts for quantity ( not there yet but working on it). Now this company is actually part of a somewhat larger chain, but each location is small and friendly. If one location doesn't have the vinyl you want, they will ship it from the other locations too.

Sometimes Bigger is not always better, it's just bigger.

my penny and a half.

Kevin