Sign in to follow this  
JGF

Purchased a CO-PAM 2500 and completely lost in Detroit

Hi,

I just bought this CO-PAM 2500 about 3 week's ago and I don't know where to begin. Is there any kind of on line instructional help that I can view. I know all about pressing the vinyl on t-shirts and other items, but am clueless when it comes to getting the cutter to actually cut the vinyl as well as using the software that came with it. Being recently laid-off from my job it seems I have all the time in the world to learn this. Can someone please help me?

Thanks,

Janis

Hi JGF, search youtube for vinyl making videos.  Josh at imprintables warehouse did some good videos with the roland cutter that shows the process.  I know yours is a copam, but process will generally be the same.  The best way to start seems to me would be to make some simple design in coreldraw or other graphic program.  Then export the design to the cutting program, set the size, mask the design, and set weeding settings.  Then cut.  Even cutting a simple box is a good start.  Don't be afraid to play with the machine.  You'll need to test cut settings for each type of vinyl due to varying thickness.  Sign vinyl is different from heat press t-shirt vinyl and applies differently, and generally costs less as well.  You can buy t-shirt vinyl by the foot to test or try.  Play around and post more questions.  Hope this helps. 

Use signblazer, very simple and no hassle program. Will do most of what you need and as you become more familiar with it, it will amaze you that it is a free program. However you should also get a program like flexi starter and work with that also. I started with nothing but basic computer knowledge and my imagination and now all i use is signblazer for 90% of my work. I only use adobe and coral for printing. You can get the free version of signblazer elements @ www.jsisign.com/products/signblazer.html