Sign in to follow this  
Square1

24 in US Cutter Refine Series - Having trouble cutting Wide Width

I don't usually cut anything wider than 15 inches on my US Cutter 24 inch Refine Series. However, I'm about to do a 24inch graphic for a trailer and I noticed that once I get past the 12-15 inch width everything cut on the vinyl width past that is not cutting to the same depth. It's to the point where I can't even weed out the material.

My question is whether this is a cutting depth/pressure issue, speed of the cut, blade or something else. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Robbo

• Like 1

have a look and make sure that the cutting strip is down all the way across,nice and flat,and even. I've never had any problems,cutting up to 20 inch. Ken might have a take on this,or someone else. In theory,it should cut evenly all the way across.

Hey tater....you been busy? I'm feeling kinda lonely out here.No offense,Ken. Miss the Bear too.

I would first check the cutting strip, and make sure you have the cutter grounded properly. You could try more force when cutting. Is the carriage seated in the tracks properly?

I check the cutting strip every time I cut... it seems to be fine. 

What exactly do you mean by grounded properly?  Just flat and firm to the floor? 

The carriage is seated according to instruction and I have cut numerous projects with it since I got the cutter. 

I think that the cutting force may be the problem.

Thanks!

Guest fivestar

Grounding it to a earthened ground.  Did you receive a black wire with an end on it?  Look on the bottom of the cutter there is a place for the ground wire to attach then attach the other end to a ground such as a receptical ground wire.  I hope this makes sense.