Sign in to follow this  
Guest Schramm

Sign I did - This is painted and not vinyl

Guest Schramm

Well I finally got around to do this sign today, took all of 1 hour to cut and paint and pull vinyl - about another 30 minutes tomorrow on the other side and it is done.  Tell me what you think, kinda simple but I think it will attract attention.

post-0-12986535691119_thumb.jpg

post-0-1298653569165_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986535699893_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986535700076_thumb.jpg

Guest Schramm

None of this is vinyl, the entire thing is painted on duraboard (kinda like MDO but better).  I just cut everything out of spray mask and then painted through it as I dont want to have vinyl failure due to abusive weather.

Looks Great!  The coffee cup design is very simple, but the steam rising makes me almost smell fresh coffee.

I like the beans too.

I'll bet it does get attention.

I've not done anything like this - I may give it a try.  What kind of paint do you use?  Is it sprayed? rolled? or brushed?

Looks real good man.

I did some wooden house number and welcome plaques using a mask.

The result wasn't perfect but its till pretty fun.

Guest Schramm

For all straight colors such as black and leather red that is setcoat but you could use exterior paint.  All the accent colors are simple colors that I pick up from Michaels in the craft paint isle as they have exterior craft paint as well and it works great and is like 70

Looks good Rob... that was designed a few months ago, huh? I remember the design thread... came out nice!

Guest Schramm

Yeah I did up the design a couple of months ago with help from here and finally finished it yesterday as she didnt want it done til the weather was nicer.  So I did it and now for the next 4 days it is going to be raining!!!

Guest Schramm

Setcoat is from a company called Faux Effects and they make an awesome paint that can be used both interior and exterior and I like to use it for everything if I can as the colors are great!!!  Setcoat sands, wetsands and gives a beautiful finish no matter if you clear over it or not.

Nice work!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I get like a kid in a candy store  ;) whenever I am on the forum. So many ways to do so many different things! Next to the great help offered by most members here, I have to say I enjoy just seeing what others are doing and have done. LOTS of genuine Artists here! Greatly appreciate all who take to time to share.

Z