Sign in to follow this  
tservice

screen press opinion

We are thinking about buying a cheap screen press. Just to start out with. Will be doing only single color. Do you think the first one will be ok for a starter? Or bite the bullet and go for a more expensive model. We are on a very tight budget.

post-1385-12986535638731_thumb.png

post-1385-12986535639168_thumb.png

post-1385-12986535652633_thumb.png

post-1385-12986535653011_thumb.png

You won't be able to do much with the first one, but you will learn a lot about screen coating, exposure, and many other things you will need to tinker with before you decide whether you want to go forward with screenprinting.  It's not as easy as it looks..

I recommend you do plenty of research at t-shirtforums.com before you spend any money at all.  The press is only one small part of the equipment you will need to buy/make.

I agree with midwaste. Go ahead and get the better quality with micros. You won't regret it. I was looking at one just like you posted when I got started and found a guy selling his whole shop on ebay. Look around there is a lot of good used equipment out there!

I've never been a fan of table top type presses.  You may want to keep your eyes peeled for some used equipment.  I'd suggest looking for a 4 color 1 station or 4 color 4 station press.  Believe it or not, you can occasionally find them for a couple hundred bucks and with a little finess, you can do great quality work with them and tackle larger jobs easily.  Just my .02

Peace All

neither one of those has micros but if you are only going to do 1 color you don't need them but if you are going to register 2 or more color jobs you'll want them.