Sign in to follow this  
TexasFocus18

First hookup and won't cut..

SB and PCutt.  Have serial connection hooked up and think I have it correctly configured.  Cuts test square but that's it.  When I click "Cut" it starts tracing cut pattern on screen and sending output to cutter but no action on machine.  Any ideas?  I'm sure its a very stupid fix but i'm a Newbie!!

Thanks in Advance!

JR

My guess would be that the port may not be set up correctly. I dont know Sign Blazer at all so I wouldnt even know where to tell you to look but it would be in the settings. Hopefully someone here will help you out a little better than I can.

i am having the same issues ... i have loaded the drivers as the directions stated and the signblazer software  and everything appears like it is going to cut but i get nothing - it even opens up a cut manager window showing the jobs that are cutting - i have checked all the settings and all appear to be correct - i am not a computer wiz but it seems like i need to uninstall the drivers and reinstall but i am not quite sure how to do that without messing something up - i have tried everything from changing from the usb port to the serial port ... HELP before i get too frustrated 

Are you putting the machine back online after you finish your test cuts, and setting up the speed and pressure?

Good ole Ken got me goin... Just a settings issue to work through the first time.. Make sure its on CTE630 and "Click on Direct" not cut manager.  Now the real trouble starts!!!  :thumbsup:

Thanks Ken!

post-4820-12986535632422_thumb.jpg

post-4820-12986535651216_thumb.jpg

hey tex - i was just getting ready to give you some info on how i finally got mine to work but i see you got yours going too - after reading through some of the other posts i was able to figure it out

good luck ... we're gonna need it