Sign in to follow this  
Guest Schramm

Rebuilt my website - Please tell me what you think...

Guest Schramm

Well it was time to rebuld the website so I have been working on it for a week.  Got a ton of new content on the site.

Check out www.Antiqued-Mirrors.com

Tell me what you think!!!

I think your site is GREAT!!!! you do such wonderfull work, I will add a link to it from my site. and tell everyone I know about it,

NutttSo

Looks great, Rob! Everything loads fast, which will keep the customer clicking on all the pages to see what's available.

Rob, LOVE your new site.  I agree with Tim, easy and fast to navigate, even with my slow internet provider!  :thumbsup:

I found just 2 typos....

"About Us" page, 'Chinese' misspelled

"DIY Chalkboard" page restaurant misspelled

Beautiful job!!!

Guest Schramm

See Jenn that is why I think you are so great! 

Thanks for looking as I have been watching Google videos on how to make a better website and since then things have been a lot better.  I had a bunch of issues with it that i couldnt see on my 21" widescreen monitor until I checked it out on my wifes computer and parts were missing due to size.  I spent about 40 hours so far re-building what was there so it is fast loading for all and has better quality videos.

Now all I need is more customers!  Things have been moving well but I still think that the economy is in the toliet.

thanks again!

The background has a TON of depth, thats awesome.

I think the front page sample photo is too big when you click on it, I had to scroll way over.  Maybe get some shots with something reflecting in the mirror to better show the antiquing.

What did you use to build that?

Looks great!

Guest Schramm

Website template program and let me tell you since I have re-done the site I have had over $7500 in mirror orders in the last 5 days!!!  I also optimized the website and post the site everywhere to get more hits.  My YouTube videos draw about 1000-2000 hits a month which is just awesome to me.  It seems that the more services that are provided the more interest comes to the site.  What takes it from a drab site to a popular one I have found is the way that your present it and by adding the videos to YouTube (where people go to learn) they see that things they have thought in their head is possible.  Thank goodness for technology as without it we are lost!  When I started in business 20+ years ago if you told me that I would be offering my services to a state 1500 miles away I would say your nuts!  But thanks to the internet anything is possible.  I sell very little in my own state but sell tons to other states and it allows a little 1500 sf business in a town of 6000 people the ability to do the same business as the big companies. 

The funny thing is that I dropped out of business school to join the Marines and then hot hurt in the Corp within 6 months and came home and started a business with nothing but a paint brush and the knowledge to know how to paint.  Should of stuck with business school huh?

Rob

Just a fantastic job. All your hard work shows. Congratulations and here's to your continued success.

And by the way, thanks for sharing your tips with the rest of us.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Peabody

Love it Rob - more inviting and interesting than the first site. not that that one was bad but I defiantly like this one

Guest Schramm

Still have more work to do to it this weekend and I have some more videos that I want to add to the site but I am re-doing them as the first ones were before I knew all the stuff that I know now.  Going to be re-doing the bottle silvering video, I think with music this time as the process can be explained in other ways and people really just want to watch it silver and not so much listen to me talk.  Then I have a ton of stuff I want to add to the sites store.

Thanks for looking!

So I'm not the greatest with english because I was raised out in the country so I don't know if this is any help but here's some possible suggestions for ya :thumbsup: On the home page where it says each mirror job is custom done for each client, would it sound better saying each mirror job is done custom for each client? also on the pricing page would it sound better in the parenthesis saying we do not instead of we dont but if it's kept at dont change it to don't, also more towards the bottom where everything is centered add the word "and" before the word photo and the 2 words all and some right by each other almost play a mind game (maybe just on simple minds like me  :thumbsup: ) but it might not hurt saying something like "mirrors are examples of some of the services" I think your website looks great so hopefully something from this can help you. If you want me to give anymore thought to anything else just let me know (I just don't want to wear out my welcome and I'm really not this picky but sometimes it's just the little things for the business that gets noticed) keep up the great work!

great site!!

i see that you have samples. could you please send me a 4'x8' custom mirror sample haha

you do some great work. do you do classes or mabye on line training i would like to dabble in this area.

Rob, just goes to show with enough determination and a wonderful talent, the possibilities are endless!!

I'm not the best at painting, as I don't think I'd ever be hired to do it, without people wanting a refund!! lmao.

Love your work!

Rob,  Your new site is just stunning, like all the work you do.  I like listening to you talk during your videos too, I'm just not one for the music.  I hope you make a ton of $$ with it, you deserve every penny for all your hard work.

There are a couple of typos I did find.  I know how hard it is to proofread ones own work, you end of just reading instead.

On the Residential Mirrors page, harliquin should be harlequin.

On Sample & Samples Packs page, extreamly should be extremely.

On the Store page perminate should be permanate.

If you ever do online classes, I will surely sign up.

Barbara

Guest Schramm

Thanks for the kind words about the site.  I am going to have to go in and spell check each section.  I think I do that everytime but you are right I see the mistakes.

I would love to teach online classes however the process I think is more intense then an online class could bare.  I am planning at some point to come up with a DVD on doing bottles or things like bottles as that is easy enough for a kid to do and I can put out a kit to do it with everything that you need but the bottles.  I get so many people asking me for this it is not funny and I just have not done it as of yet but I think I will this month.

Well Rob, you can always put teaching on the back burner...you just never know when it may be your next money maker!  :thumbsup:

Did you use any how to websites that really helped you? I have been wanting to do my website but just need a little more help, I've been watching some on youtube but I'm not finding the ones for me. Thanks for any help also if anyone else knows of any other good sites theye are welcomed :thumbsup:

Guest Schramm

I am guessing that you are talking about building a website?  If so no i didnt use any how to videos as I have been building my own sites for about 10 years.  It has gotten a little easier since I go to sites that I like and pay attention to how they word things, how fast there stuff loads, the limited number of pics on the site, and making sure it is easy to read and understand.  Most website companies have a template based website that you need no HTML experience to do.

Rob, You have been busy, You have created a great , informative, clean site, with a store included, as well as eductational options,,

My hat is off to ya,,

You did a great job..

Thanks for the Chalkboard tip as well..

MMM

sandy Jo