Sign in to follow this  
smithmotorsports99

.eps to .jpeg?

This is probably a dumb question, and I'm very sorry in advance.

I just downloaded a ton of .eps files.  Thanks to EVERYONE that posts on here.  You are a world of help to me!

My library of files now are all .eps.  Which is great for me.  But not so great if I want to e-mail the file to someone to show them what I will be working on for them.  Can I easily just change the file to a .jpeg to show them?

I'm probably missing something very simple.  sorry!

Thanks!

Rick

Hi, Rick-

That's not a dumb question, you can do that.  Since most people (customers) don't have Photoshop/Illustrator etc to be able to open and view an .eps. 

I use Photoshop for that, my version of Illustrator is older and I can only save as .ai or .pdf.  You could also save as a .pdf but a .jpg will transfer faster. 

You might also consider making a watermark of some sort (I think I read in another post that your business is relatively new).  This will prevent people from having you invest your time in working up a design, then they take it somewhere else to have done to avoid paying design fees...it does happen, at least it has around here.  People will go back and forth with an artist to get a design just right, then take it to another shop as just "here, cut this". 

Hope this helps,

Robert

Thanks for the replies guys.

I did download InfanView.  And am using that for my computers.  But I don't think the customers want to be downloaded all this just to see what I am making for them.

I am new to the business and am learning quickly.  I appreciate all the help.  I'll have to come up with a way to do a water mark.  Very good idea! 

Oh I stand corrected.  It looks alike InfanView allows you to save the pictures at .jpeg.  I knew I should have reseached before posting.  I was tired last night..

Thanks a bunch guys!

In SB just go to export and at the bottom change it to jpeg.. waaah laaah!

I had to figure that one out the hard way.. Took me a couple hours to find it!

Thanks everyone!!!!

I tried on file and it showed the whole thing, even the bottom with the file name and .eps extension.

I haven't had a chance to mess around much this week.  Waiting on my external hard drive to come in, hoping for tomorrow.  Then I can get all my files sorted out.  Once I have that, I will feel more organized and can resuming making stuff.

Still debating on a quoting software and data base.  We will see.

But so far,  I LOVE MY CUTTER!!!!  I brag about it everyday at work!

Guest round2racing

Use IrfanView.

Bob Bigart

Hey guys!  I need some help here.

I downloaded Irfanview and it won't open the .eps files that are on here.

It keeps telling me it cannot decode it and that I should try APFL Ghostscript.

What am I doing wrong?

I want to open and save some of these files.

Use IrfanView.

Bob Bigart

Hey guys!  I need some help here.

I downloaded Irfanview and it won't open the .eps files that are on here.

It keeps telling me it cannot decode it and that I should try APFL Ghostscript.

What am I doing wrong?

I want to open and save some of these files.

Download and install GhostScript.

http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/doc/GPL/gpl864.htm

Have fun,

Jon

Thanks for the ghostscript link, Jon.  I installed Xn-View last night and was getting these errors too when viewing eps files.  This should do the trick!

-Cody

Never utilized the batch conversion untill I read this thread. Sliced bread may be overated, but in my mind IrfanView isn't. thanks