Sign in to follow this  
katie

PRINT A FONT LIST

Anyone know how to print off a list of my fonts on SIGNBLAZER without doing it the hard way??? (changing text one by one).

I'm sorry, I'm soo not technologically literate. Would you mind giving me more detailed step by step process? I did get it downloaded, but I dont know what you mean by "open your font folder with it?" Thanks!

have a look at the attached pic. This is the screen you will see once you install and open the FONT TOOLS.

Just click on 'view installed fonts' at the top and you will have what you see in the pic..all of your fonts.

again,at the top,click the print icon. It will print one line of each font.

post-249-1298651276654_thumb.jpg

post-249-12986512773558_thumb.jpg

My dog thinks I'm a hero too. I keep the thunder from getting him.

Glad I could help. Printing out the fonts saves a LOT of time. Personally, I got some of the clear sheets and a binder,let my customers use it to chose the fonts they want.

While we're on the topic, do you know how to add more fonts to SignBlazer? Or is my only option to buy more?

any fonts you add to yoyr windows fonts folder should show up in Signblazer,but you have to close and re-open SB,it loads the fonts when it first opens.

You can get free fonts online,

http://www.1001freefonts.com/

is just one place, Google FREE FONTS and you will find more.

To install into your font folder, just DL a font,copy and paste it. Font folder can be found in your windows control panel.

You can also get CD's with fonts on ebay...I even found a CD with 1000 fonts at Dollar Tree.

when i try to paste into my fonts folder the computer is saying that  it is "unable to install font. File is damaged." or something like that.

are you sure that it is a font file? It shoud be small,under 60kb usually.Also,sometimes it downloads as a Zip file and you have to unzip it first.

if you have windows XP,when you open the file,on the left it should give you the option to 'extract all files'. If you don't have XP you can download a free unzipping program...Winzip is here..free trial:

http://www.winzip.com/ovwc17/winzip.htm

or here:

http://www.topshareware.com/JustZIPit-download-7110.htm

which is totall free and easier to use than winzip.

Thanks again Banner John. I downloaded some great free fonts. I appreciate your help and directions as I learn basic computes 101. ;D

be careful...next thing you know,YOU will be the one that everyone in your family calls when they have a computer problem.

6 years ago I didn't know a thing...had a computer crash and lost everything. Spent months teaching myself how to fix,troubleshoot,etc...bought old clunkers and took them apart. Even got a computer running that had a sticker from IBM that said "Can not be fixed". Now,nothing phases me. My old dad (rest his soul) al;ways said if you want something done right,do it yourself.

At 52,I love learning new things and always will.

Have fun with the fonts!