Mardigan

Importing and other issues!! Help

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this board and Sign cutting as well. I bought a Pcut 36" Plotter/cutter. I got it yesterday

and have spent most of the time getting it to work since! I am computer Savy and have used graphics

programs in the past.

Here are my questions:

I cannot seem to import .psd or .eps files without getting a bitmap screen stating it can't

use bitmaps, I also cant seem to import any files for that matter.

I have follwed all steps from Uscutter and Signblazer, it does cut I just can't seem to import.

I even downloaded the Uscutter/SignBlazer patch and now I have two programs of SignBlazer on my system and neither will let me import! Maybe I'm used to other software companys, in that their software is a self setup install.

How long does the SignBlazer last before it expires?

Lastly I have to say and please do not think this is a flame UsCutter but your instructions, some in a foriegn language  and the one I got for my machine wasn't even the right one  :'(  have made this really frustrating you have agreat machine but you really need to work on the info you send your customers.

Anyone out there seem to have any help,

Thanks

Mardigan

P.S. I have Windows XP

Indeed the manual is in broken Chinese English, and with time permitting, I am going to edit it and make it easier to understand. Unfortunately I get flooded with calls and emails for setting up the cutter, and even simple things like putting the blade in the holder, which is not allowing me the time to get it done. I think I will need to bring a pillow and sleeping bag in, or come in on the weekend to get it done, because during business hours I am swamped.

:)

As for the SignBlazer import issue, Bruce from SignBlazer should have some insight if he has not already addressed this in a previous post. I am still learning SignBlazer my self, and Bruce is a wealth of information.

PSD files are usually photoshop files and are image files. If you want to cut these you will need to convert them to vector format first. Try the Vectorize under the image menu. After you have vectorized you will need to delete the original bitmap before cutting. If you don't delete, SignBlazer will warn you that it can't cut bitmap images but will still cut the vectorized paths.

Please try this version to see if you have more success importing eps files.

http://www.signblazer.net/signblazer/updates/uscutter/setup_240807.exe

If you still have a problem please upload a sample eps file and I'll have a look to see what the problem is.