Sign in to follow this  
klattin3

write port error?

the last two times i tried to cut a large graphic, 14" X 50", my cutter took a dump on me at around 60% cutting time. I lost 6 feet of 651. it cuts all day long on the small graphics 6" - 12" square but not the big stuff. heres what i got.

pcut 360

flexi starter 8.1

laptop.

the tech guy said the write port error was common on compaq laptops, seems to think i need a powered usb hub.

any help appreciated.

Keith

Have you tried changing cables? losing connection.  I used to have that problem with my Seiki, I got a different cable, then no problem

honestly there are alot of things that can get the message "write port error"

first- restart your computer- 2nd check your cables...dont get a new one unless yours is damaged..

3rd, go to control panel, device manager, and click on your usb connection - now go to port settings and change flow control to "none"

also do this in your production manager, plus make sure all of your setting in both match up,

you can also go back in forth and play with the settings just as long as in both place they stay the same..

Sometimes when you have programs that screw with your settings your setttings will change

also check your input that your serial pins go into- make sure your wires arent loose and don't have to be re soldered

If you research it here, you will find scores of instances where the PCut 630 has that exact issues when used with a laptop via usb cable. If you can connect via serial, the problem goes away.

Trust me, I had the same problem.

Charlie

I was having write port errors constantly on my Seiki when I was using the usb cable.  They kept sending me new usb ports for the cutter but it wouldn't fix it.  So finally I quite using the usb cable and switched to a serial cable and I have not had the problem again.  If you don't have a serial cable port on your computer, you can get an adapter.

Update, I bought flexi starter off ebay and i havent had this problem since so i can only assume it was the flexi starter Pro Cut Edition that i got with the cutter. The ebay version from SAI works ALOT better than the copy i got with the cutter.

i also contacted SAI about this and they said the pro cut edition wasnt thier program and it was a junk machine and had no support for that copy of flexi starter. It cost me $95.00? but the headache went away.

This is my first machine so i wouldnt know if its junk or not seeing as it makes me $400.00 on a good sat/sun only working 8 - 10 hours total for both days  :thumbsup:

SAI is good about blaming everything else but the software. You have a decent machine..good for the money. I don't know why they say that the proCut edition isn't theirs if the Flexi name is on it. Perhaps Brandon will know the answer.

That being said..if the Flexi you got with the machine wouldn't work with the machine..it shouldn't have been bundled with it. If you paid extra for it, contact USC and see about a refund or credit.

I was under the assumption that the cutter was from another company (this post is in the "competitor cutter" forum).

Charlie

the last two times i tried to cut a large graphic, 14" X 50", my cutter took a dump on me at around 60% cutting time. I lost 6 feet of 651. it cuts all day long on the small graphics 6" - 12" square but not the big stuff. heres what i got.

pcut 360

flexi starter 8.1

laptop.

the tech guy said the write port error was common on compaq laptops, seems to think i need a powered usb hub.

any help appreciated.

Keith

The original post is from April 09  He claims he has a Pcut 360 and Flexistarter 8.1,,  Well the Flexi starter is no wheres a new version at 8.1,  So was not bundled anytime soon. years ago.      8.5 has been out since about '06- '07,,   then last year 8.6 came out.  

OK after reading the post again...question:

did you get the non-working Flexi with the cutter? If so...you need to be talking to whoever you bought it from.

and SpeedDoggy... it is common to continue offering a version with a cutter until you run out of the copies you have on hand.Even old ones. After all..how long did USC offer SB after the company was out of business?

ok got it on the Flexi,  but,  I really can't respond to the part about SB..  I don't use it, or own a US Cutter,  So I just don't know that answer.  must be a long time.

SAI is good about blaming everything else but the software. You have a decent machine..good for the money. I don't know why they say that the proCut edition isn't theirs if the Flexi name is on it. Perhaps Brandon will know the answer.

That being said..if the Flexi you got with the machine wouldn't work with the machine..it shouldn't have been bundled with it. If you paid extra for it, contact USC and see about a refund or credit.

didnt pay extra, it was bundled, the software worked with the machine EXCEPT for larger stuff, i can cut small stuff all day long. The tech guy said laptop, usb cable, on and on, so i just bought a replacement, especially after talking to SAI i knew i had to do something.

i got the 8.5 flexi starter off ebay and no problems, i dont have to reboot the laptop after i stop the manager in the middle of a cut and no more write port errors. Now i can do multiple colors where before it would cut two color, it feels like a whole new setup now.