Sign in to follow this  
maddartist

dosnt find new hardware

Hi folks, I'm not a newbie but, i need some help. I want to use my Flexi 6.5 that i allready have installed on my laptop.

The only problem I'm haveing is when i put the blue driver disc in and plug the cutter in to the usb,The "found new hardware" doesnt come up. I also get "what do i want to open this software with"

I get a message saying windows doesnt recognise new usb hardware.

I got a lexmark printer hooked up to one usb and I think i insatalled flexi right .......any suggestions or should i just try my wife's laptop?

Thanks for your time.......hope it makes sence

Steve

Unplug the USB cable from the computer. Go to www.uscutter.com and click on Downloads, then Refine downloads, then point at the top selection and click. You should be able to run the file right from the web site, so run it. Once it is installed you will get a window that says FTDI drivers installed successfully, click OK. Plug the USB cable back in to the computer, then check your device manager under the ports category to see which COM port the USB installed to. Once you know the COM port, you can set the software to communicate through the correct COM port.

Hey thanks Ken, I'm not at the shop right now but I'll try it when i get there, I really appreciate the help and the fast reply.

I had a 12" Stika hooked up to my laptop before but had problems with xp and driver stuff........

THANKS KEN.....i owe ya a beer if this werks.

p.s. Does the refine driver works for my p-cut 24"also?