Guest Schramm

Chalkboard using vinyl and a double layout.

Guest Schramm

Well here is a chalkboard that I did as a sample for a catering service, the black is chalkboard paint and the gold is foil!

post-0-1298653521051_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986535210788_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986535211105_thumb.jpg

post-0-1298653522496_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986535225145_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986535225306_thumb.jpg

Very clever...I like it!

What would you charge for something like that?

Guest Schramm

Well that one is done on a piece of hardboard and the size is 20"t x 12"w and it is just a sample, but if I did it 2xs as big with the same detail I would get about $200-250.  It took me a whopping 2 hours with dry times.

Well that one is done on a piece of hardboard and the size is 20"t x 12"w and it is just a sample, but if I did it 2xs as big with the same detail I would get about $200-250.  It took me a whopping 2 hours with dry times.

Cool thanks...This would be a great idea for an A frame too!

Guest Schramm

Metallic foil, I sell it so I have it with me all the time.  Havent you seen my videos?  I have like 9 how to videos just click on this link:

www.youtube.com/user/foileffects

Rob, what an awesome idea!  Great work as always!!

Guest Schramm

Jenn,

It is a HUGE hit in my area and I am actually able to get between $150-400 for the designs done on walls.  Sky's the limit on this one!  Chalkboard paint is available at HD for $12 a qt and goes 120 sf per qt so you can do many jobs off of 1 qt!

Tools & Meterial needed:

4' level

Low tack blue tape

brush for application of foil

black oil based paint

chalkboard paint

mini roller (4-6")

You stencil

Most of the materials you will need will do a multitude of jobs - not just one so the initial cost of less then $30 is off set by the number of projects you will be able to do.  I showed this one time yesterday and have gotten 14 calls on it already.  You can do this in beauty salons, spas, returaunts, caters just to name a few.  Crazy easy money!

I can see why it's a hit!  Was this a request or something you decided to start offering?  You have so many different things you do, I'm sure you stay busy every day!

Thanks for the list of materials needed.

Now you mentioned the chalkboard paint AND black oil base paint, why both?  Sorry if that's a dumb question!  :thumbsup:

I've never used foil, might need to watch one of your videos.  ;D

You are so amazing!!! Everytime you design something it is just perfect.  Is there by any chance an eps file for this?

TIA

Guest Schramm

Jenn,

I am shocked - watch my videos!  I'm really hurt :'(

The black oil based paint when near dry will form a light tack just enough to release the foil.

NUTTSO

DUDE YOU ARE THE CHEAPEST SOB THAT I KNOW NEXT TO ME!!!  I LOVE IT, I ACTUALLY EMAILED THEM FOR THE SAMPLE AND THEY ARE ONLY ABOUT 1 HOUR FROM ME SO I WILL DRIVE UP NEXT WEEK AND SEE IF I CAN WORK OUT A DEALER PROGRAM.  MAN THAT STUFF IS NOT CHEAP!  ENOUGH TO DO 50 SF IS $200 BUT THEN AGAIN YOU CAN CHARGE $10 PER SF IF YOU PLAY YOUR CARDS RIGHT!

AS FOR THE ARTWORK, I AM REALLY SORRY BUT I CANNOT HAND THESE IMAGES OUT AS I DEAL WITH THIS GUY ALL THE TIME AND I HAVE A WRITTEN AND PERSONAL VERBAL AGREEMENT NOT TO GIVE OR SELL THE IMAGES.  I HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND AND I AM SORRY!

Aww Thanks, :thumbsup:  this Nuttty Old Lady is always looking for a deal and will pass on all I find,

NutttSo

Sorry Rob, but with this lousy internet connection it's difficult but that will soon be changing and I'll be able to watch ALL the videos you made!  :thumbsup:

Thanks Nuttso for the link, I've already put in my request.

Guest Schramm

Jenn,

When is your move?  Your coming to KY right?  What state are you in now?