cherrybomb

Finally I have my Heat Press Vinyl... Now.... Um, How do I cut this stuff?

Its the Videoflex (Pressure sensitive) stuff.

Its as Thin as buggery, But seems to have NO backing paper to it? One side is Gloss, while the underside is a Mat finish. Do all the Heat Press Vinyls come like this? Or do I need a separate roll/sheets of Backing paper for this stuff?

You cut on the matte finish side.  Make sure you cut the image mirrored.  If you don't, you'll waste a lot of vinyl.  Once you weed the design, you will flip it over so that the matte finish side is down on the garment when you press.  The matte finish side has the adhesive on it that will adhere to the garment when pressed.

Cool. I hear a lot of the "Cut in Mirror". Hopefully I want have to many Blonde moments and become victim of it.

But Backing paper?? If I cut this stuff how it is. I'm going to have pieces fall to the floor all over the place. Do use Application tape at all to combat this?

I had never heard of Videoflex until I read this post and googled it.  The backer film on most heatpress vinyls is adhesive, it appears Videoflex is not. 

It shouldn't come right off after it's cut, however, you should still have to weed it, even if the backer is not adhesive type, just due to the manufacturing process. 

I wouldn't recommend using app tape.  If the pieces are coming off after its cut, you have a problem.  However, cutting through a layer of app tape and vinyl is not going to be good either.

I recommend getting some Easyweed next time, also made by Siser, unless you need the Videoflex for some specific reason.

Guest sciondrgn

The CUT II from Spectra is like that, the backing is not sticky.. It stays just fine while cutting, Just cut, weed and apply :thumbsup:

I got in contact with my supplier and he said basically the same thing. So this'll be interesting. Its so thin, it looks like your cutter would slice right through it.

Time for a bit of trial-an-error.

Hopefully I'll be back with some thing to show  :thumbsup: