marcuso

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!

When posting regarding problems with cutting, please note that it is easier for us to diagnose any issues if you include details about your machine.  Please include at least the following details at the top of your message:

Vinyl cutter model

Date purchased (Date is best, otherwise month and year)

Connection method (USB, serial, Parallel)

Software (Signcut, Artcut, Flexi, etc)

Operating system

Material

I just got a MH721 and I am using a USB, Windows XP.  The blade is constantly staying down.  I have checked that the carriage is in the track and I can't figure it out.  It worked fine and then it just quit working and the blade is always down.  Please help.

Sometimes the arm holding the blade is the culprit. Can you move the arm with your finger?

Vinyl cutter recieved yesterday

refine mh721

usb windows xp

signcut2x that came with it

I have no idea what to do as far as anything on this.  I don't know how to set up, I don't know how to send from the computor to the cutter, I don't know how to import or used images on other software that has been vectorized.  I could use some tech support and so far no one has emailed mailed me or called me back on my request for help.  Getting to the point where I'll be wanting to box this up and send it back since it's a big dust collector if I can't get any help on how to use it.

joysweet,

I feel the same. Where is the support? Uscutter got their $$ and we got left in the dust. I have no clue about vectoring, tiling, weeding etc. I am clueless and can't catch a break. I need help or this machine will never get used. HELP!!!!! I need someone to walk me through every step of cutting 1 simple thing like the letter A. That will give me an idea as to what needs to be done for larger words and such. Where do I start? What do I need to do? I have a Refine 721 using a USB drive (which I cannot install due to driver errors) Nothing else will work either on my computer(COM needs two male adapters and I had 1 male and 1 female sent with the cutter, LPTdoes not exist on my laptop.) I have windows xp and I am attempting to use Signcut (I am having about as much luck getting help from them as I do here.) I purchased this on June 13, 2007. I am using regular vinyl that I purchased from a local sign shop. Someone Please Help!!!

I tried calling the 800 number again for live support.  The voice mail is full so you can't even leave a message now.  WHERE IS TECH SUPPORT???  I haven't gotten a callback from the 3 messages I was able to leave.

I tried calling the 800 number again for live support.  The voice mail is full so you can't even leave a message now.  WHERE IS TECH SUPPORT???  I haven't gotten a callback from the 3 messages I was able to leave.

Ken (the technical contact) went in for surgery this week this week.  I believe he will be back today.  I am unfortunately in China dealing with manufacturers, so I am unable to offer phone support.  That said, we do not have the resources to hand-hold every new customer through the process of cutting vinyl.  If you don't feel that you can find online resources to find your way (and there are plenty), I suggest that you go to a local sign shop and see if you can pay someone for an hour or two of training.

Of courese, we are happy to assist you getting your machine interfacing with the software, but for forum posts, you will get more help if you start a new topic rather than responding to an announcement.

I have responded to 2 other joysweet topics and will be happy to assist. I am stiched up and still very tender, but will make it in tomorrow as well as Saturday to help anyone in need.

my question to some of these people is....why buy it if you know NOTHING about it? These people at UScutter sell the cutters, they don't make the software! If you need help learning how to use the software, go to the site for the software or look up the software online.

I just can't fathom the idea of spending money on something that I know NOTHING about and expect someone else to teach me everything. You should go into this industry knowing at least SOMETHING about how to use it and how to do it.

Well, thats all I needed to say. I just had to get it off my chest since these people seem to want a dang good price on a cutter WITH software AND accessories and they STILL expect a crash course on how to use it too. Did you guys buy your computers from walmart and then call the electronics department asking how to use it too?

I had to reformate my hard drive and have everything back running i need the ftdi driver that we have to download i am running windows xp, refirne mh721, signcut software signcut loaded great can't get com4 to show up and i remember back we had to download this driver and i don't remember from where. Thanks for the help

I have never used a cutter before either , I Will be buying one in November, in the mean time I have been reading all I can about them.

I even downloaded trial ver of Signblazer and the PDF ver of Signblazer learing guide and Inkscape. This does not mean that I will know everything about them, but give me an idea.

I will be using the cutter for paint mask and lettering / small decals, I even have some work lined up.

I have been a truck driver for the last 15 years but because of a very bad back I have to find some other kind of work. So with my Airbrushing and the cutter maybe  I can get by for now. Till I can get something done with my back.

Kevin

P.S. maybe If you guys down load the Signblazer learning guide it would help . Just a thought.

I had to reformate my hard drive and have everything back running i need the ftdi driver that we have to download i am running windows xp, refirne mh721, signcut software signcut loaded great can't get com4 to show up and i remember back we had to download this driver and i don't remember from where. Thanks for the help

It can be downloaded from www.support.uscutter.com, then click on Downloads.

I have never used a cutter before either , I Will be buying one in November, in the mean time I have been reading all I can about them.

I even downloaded trial ver of Signblazer and the PDF ver of Signblazer learing guide and Inkscape. This does not mean that I will know everything about them, but give me an idea.

I will be using the cutter for paint mask and lettering / small decals, I even have some work lined up.

I have been a truck driver for the last 15 years but because of a very bad back I have to find some other kind of work. So with my Airbrushing and the cutter maybe  I can get by for now. Till I can get something done with my back.

Kevin

P.S. maybe If you guys down load the Signblazer learning guide it would help . Just a thought.

Indeed, the online learning guide, or the downloadable version has a wealth of information about the program.

MH721

date bought: 10/28?/07

operating system: Windows VISTA

USB---- I think this is the problem

I am having a LOT of problems trying to get my cutter to work with my computer. I have a laptop that I have downloaded signblazer to and I'm wondering if maybe I downloaded something the wrong way? I'm afraid to even put the disk back in the computer as the "warning" says that If I download twice...it won't work at all.

Can someone who has windows VISTA help walk me through downloading this software (of which I already did and it SEEMS to be working fine)...hooking up the USB cable (this is where I am pretty sure I'm doing something wrong)...and well, anyways, I would love some help.

Please don't be negative with me. I have read instruction manuals and went to the signblazer website....I'm just not too brilliant with computers, apparently.

I have done my best to try to resolve this on my own. I have this neat machine I'd like to have fun with and right now, it's just a headache for me.

I'd like some friendly advise, please

Thank you,

my question to some of these people is....why buy it if you know NOTHING about it? These people at UScutter sell the cutters, they don't make the software! If you need help learning how to use the software, go to the site for the software or look up the software online.

I just can't fathom the idea of spending money on something that I know NOTHING about and expect someone else to teach me everything. You should go into this industry knowing at least SOMETHING about how to use it and how to do it.

Well, thats all I needed to say. I just had to get it off my chest since these people seem to want a dang good price on a cutter WITH software AND accessories and they STILL expect a crash course on how to use it too. Did you guys buy your computers from walmart and then call the electronics department asking how to use it too?

Who pissed on your cheerios? I think the forum is here for people who want to learn and support. If you look on craigslist you can find a good rub and tug. I could send some cash to your paypal if you want  :P

When I needed help getting the Laserpoint to communicate with my Mac, the support line was great. He had it going in no time.

I just purchased a uscutter creation p-cut 6300 , i went through install no problem into my DELL laptop , desisgned the artwork i needed and when i promted the cutter to CUT it cut one letter and stopped, locked up and wont respond, so i closed it out and restarted the program, handbook says not to register yor software and do not aloow updates, meanwhile the uscutter website says you must have interner connection to activate soft ware, im having to use the usb port hookup on the laptop because the other cable that came with the unit will not fit, after trying 7 times to and even reinstalling the software, i still cannot get it to work, can you please help?;D:)

I just purchased a uscutter creation p-cut 6300 , i went through install no problem into my DELL laptop , desisgned the artwork i needed and when i promted the cutter to CUT it cut one letter and stopped, locked up and wont respond, so i closed it out and restarted the program, handbook says not to register yor software and do not aloow updates, meanwhile the uscutter website says you must have interner connection to activate soft ware, im having to use the usb port hookup on the laptop because the other cable that came with the unit will not fit, after trying 7 times to and even reinstalling the software, i still cannot get it to work, can you please help?:thumbsup:;)

Is the carriage pressing one of the red "kill" buttons?

ok, guys, went in a totally different direction and set the lap top aside and went with my DELL home pc,160gb hard drive, 1gb ram, ssddr transfer ect,  loaded software and was able to use the serial cable and BAM , worked the first time. thank you for the help guys, now ill get to work and creat what i was doing by hand and simply design and cut!!!!!

There was a bit of a learning curve setting up the cutter and getting myself going, but I think you guys were great at answering any questions that I had and helping me get the machine working!  :thumbsup: