kenimes

Do not post copyrighted material

That's the high road and probably the best road to take. I used to be a really bad guy for copyright but have learned the value of original work and my customer base has changed as my ideals have. More business customers and less Calvin peeing on whatever. Stick with the high road and when the crap hits you won't be down in it.

Jay

• Like 1

I wasnt intended to give anyone legal advice..... I was just stating that when u buy clipart packages you can sssume the seller of the package got permission to use and resale the stuff from their owners...and the owners would want to know what the seller is going to do with them, as in re-selling them.... It would be kind of stupid for me to say "here u have my permission to use this and resale it and make money, but the people who buy it from you dont have my permission to use it". If this was true, then the seller would never sale any because why would someone want to buy it if they cant use it? Of course then theres the fine print, maybe they can use it only for personal use.... That would have to be in the contract tho.

Like Jones says. Getting a copyright license is crazy expensive. Your probably looking at 10s of thousands of dollars for some of the bigger ones. Like nascar and NFL, plus all of the other requirements Jones said. 

So you think it would make sense that buying a $30 clip art collection on ebay would allow you to cut an NFL logo? Or that the company you bought it from paid all that money to get all of those licenses and then sells the collection for 30 bucks? Please tell me that does not make sense. 

When I first started doing the flea markets I made Calvin peeing on everything but it always broke my heart to have him pee on a Ford. In some areas they will ticket you for those stickers, something about lewd or indecent.

Jay

Mr300s  sells USMC  decals and had to get a license.  And he is by no means a big seller... Just saying.....

And if you read that agreement on Hobbyist...  It says NO RETAIL SALES...

Hobbyist License Agreement - No application required. Hobbyist License Agreements must be hand made (no manufacturers), less than $5k in company sales annually, direct sales only (no retail sales), products must be hand made or repurposed using licensed materials (Don't aid infringement), no hang tags required, no product liability insurance required, agreement is non-negotiable. Click Here to download a Hobbyist License Agreement.

This also varies state to state.  Not everyone needs a business license to resell or make there own good to sell.  In most cases it depends on how much you make and where you are located.  If your using your SSN# or if you have an EIN.  Main factor is location.  Been threw this all with my lawyer before I went full bore in the business or decal making.  At least this is what i was told.  No official documents to prove otherwise.

lol... good point there... I look at it as I paid for that symbol with my blood... they tell you "always earned never given" as an being an injured combat vet I earned that symbol...

Though I'm not looking to sell the Eagle Globe and Anchor anyway.

+1 thanks for your service

• Like 1