I created a logo for my business, and I am wanting some input from others as to whether it needs adjusting or tweaked to make it more appealing. I am not a great graphic designer so any input would be helpful. I did it on a black background just to make the white letters show up.

There is an extra outline around the box that I have to remove yet, but the general Idea is there.

post-4426-12986535058528_thumb.jpg

post-4426-12986535074269_thumb.jpg

If it was me, I'd choose a different font for the phone number.  It's tough to read unless you really look hard.

Also, not sure about the magenta in the main text, makes it look a little cheesy.  Ditto on the green.  Keep in mind, your logo should be memorable in 1 color, because that is going to be the main way it is presented most cost efficiently.  Screenprinting, advertising, etc.

What does the shape in the background represent?  No offense, but it reminds me of a movie rental store for some reason.

Midwaste,

good point about the number font, will change that. The colors that are in it aren't the colors that will be used. I sill be using actual Red, Blue and Green. I designed this one in  CorelDraw, and I have yet to find a decent color pallet in there that shows true colors. I hate that about the program.

ABout the background, Doesn't represent anything in particular, I was just playing around with shapes, but I noticed the same thing you did after I walked away and came back to look at it. Reminded me of blockbuster LMAO.

But, that's why I posted it here, to get honest opinions about it so I can make sure when I do it for real, that it's gonna get the best bang for the buck for me.

I just tried to introduce some color into it to give it some flare for the people to know that you can do lots of colors in vinyl. Most of the vehicles I see done around here are being done in plain white and not a lot of style to them. Most people I talk to about it say they didn't even know you could do more than one color.

No offense, but it reminds me of a movie rental store for some reason.

That was my first impression.

I think I'll file that design away and save it for the day the local video store wants a logo made LOL, And start from scratch.

Thanks for all the input. Now I am gonna try and design a log for a video store and maybe I'll come up with a graphics logo, or maybe an auto body shop.  :thumbsup:

Thanks

kevin

For where I am at it's a good fit with the number. I am in a Band called STR8SHOT, and know a LOT of people through that. So the name came from that. It's one networking thing that has helped me a ton. Most of the business I have done so far has been through the people I know from that avenue.

Yeah, I thought of a movie ticket from that shape...My only other suggestion is to move you logo upper left and stack your list on the right (or vise versa)

CorelDraw uses "Pantone" colors, the world standard on color.  Vinyl is even sold by Pantone color numbers. Get yourself a Pantone color chart and then you'll never have any trouble with clients saying "I thought it would have been a darker Red!!".  If you refer to colors in Pantone numbers, there is no confusion on what shade of color your client wants.  All PC monitors are not the same color, so even emailing your design to a client, he or she will see it in a different shade to you.  If everyone works from a Pantone Color Chart the color confusion problem never occurs.

http://www.colorguides.net/

Pantone may be the worlds standard for colors, but I want someone to show me on the 12 different color swatches that come in CD where the actual color red is, or blue or green. Like my basic color vinyl. I went through every pallet and didn't find one. And it's not my monitor, on the same screen I am picking the pallet colors from there are several buttons in the program that have a true red or blue that comes a heck of a lot closer to the real colors.

Here I did a screen shot of Signblazer using the Oracal 651 color pallet, then I went through all the pantone color in coreldraw and found the brightest red there is in there. Did a screen shot of them side by side. You be the judge.

Even the Signblazer color is not exact, due to monitor color variation, but it leaves a lot less to the imagination than the pantone color pallets.

Kevin

post-4426-12986535066449_thumb.jpg

post-4426-12986535078376_thumb.jpg

I find it hard to believe that CD doesn't have a default CMYK palette, i.e. Red=C-0,M-100,Y-100,K-0.  However, it wouldnt surprise me, because CD pretty much sucks.  I still don't really understand why people use it.

Illustrator, learn it, love it.  I didn't want to either, but it has paid off.  Much better color management, really just comes down to calibration of your monitor, which I havent even bothered with, because it's never been that far off.

I tried the CMYK pallet ,and the results are the same. None of the colors are vibrant, they just don't pop. I went through all the pallets they had in the program and not one of them seemed to have true colors. I am wondering if maybe it is just the way that CD renders the colors for the screen and not the color pallets themselves? I looked on the Pantone site link Joe posted and the colors pallets they show there definitely have more vibrancy.

The main reason I am using CD is the price. I can't afford Illustrator yet. I bought Photoshop CS2 a while ago at a major discount so I have that. We got CD for $89 since my wife is in college and she had to take an art class, we could buy it from the school bookstore. I installed the Illustrator Demo, and hopefully before long I can afford to buy that.

Thanks for your info though. It helps when folks on here give you the benefit of their knowledge. I sometimes come off as being argumentative, but I m only trying to find out as much information about something before I finally....(it may take some time) ...agree with someone else's views.

Thanks

Kevin