Sign in to follow this  
DIRTRACER

silk screen

I just bought a silk screen machine. Was wondering if anyone could tell me what kind of ink and emulsion I need to get.

Thank you

It depends on the type of printing you want to do.  We normally use plastisol ink.  You'll need a some sort of dryer to heat the ink to 320 degrees to allow it to "cure" to the shirt.  I would suggest a dual cure photo sensitive emulsion.  There are many brands, your best bet is to call a distributor and let them know the kind of printing that you will be doing.  They will be more than happy to suggest the types of ink and emulsion that you will need.  If you can't locate any distributors, let me know and I'll pm you with a couple.

Here's a chance for a good deal on a used dryer.  The guy's in chicago and basicly just wants to unload it.  check out http://forums.screenprinters.net/  and look at the private classified's section.  You could probably offer him a couple hundred bucks and have a nice dryer if you able to pick it up.

Peace

I recommend you become very acquainted with the t-shirtforums.com

Dual-cure is nice, but SBQ is easier for a newbie.  I recommend Ulano QX-1 to start with, but dual-cure will be nice if you intend to do a little water-based ink in there too. 

Its a learning curve, be prepared for it.