Sign in to follow this  
Z

Is anybody using FIBRON?

Guys/Gals,

Hi. I just bought some Fibron Heat Transfer vinyl from Fellers to try. Is anyone using this? If so, What results have you had? Time and Temp settings used?. What kind of Heat transfer material are you using? Any input will be appreciated as I am still experimenting with the whole 'Tee' thing.

Thanks,

Z

It is rebranded Thermoflex Plus from Specialty Materials.

If this is true, it's good stuff.  A little thicker it seems like than Siser or Eco-Film from Imprintables, though.

Renegade,

Thanks. I have never tried Tee shirts with vinyl cut from a plotter, but I will soon. I bought 10 yards from Fellers to practice with, just to see what results I can produce. I'm pretty sure it should be easy. I bought an import heat press and will post results after I have a chance to play with it a bit.

I looked on http://www.specialtymaterials.com/, but couldn't find pricing. I paid $71.00 for a 15" wide X 10 yard, punched roll of 4 mil matte Royal Blue from Fellers: http://www.fellers.com/

Anyone know what that would cost from Specialty Materials? Thanks.

Z

I was just on the specialty site, and the thermoflex there is about $2 a roll more than the Siser EZweed from Uscutter. Their shipping is also 11.42 for one roll and progressively goes up as you add rolls. Is the thermoflex better than the EZweed to justify the extra expense?

I have only used the EZweed so I would like some info. I can't seem to find a supplier for transfer material in my area so i am going to have to order it.

I believe SM sells via the site specialty-graphics.com.  Here is the link to the Thermoflex: http://www.specialty-graphics.com/thermoflex_plus.html

They also sell the Siser material which I like too.  The backer seems to come off easier. 

Midwaste,

:thumbsup::P I like this site. I think I'll buy from them next time. They'll cut it down to 12" and send the drop. Since I started off with a 12" cutter, that'll be a time/labor saver. Thanks!

Z

I was just on the specialty site, and the thermoflex there is about $2 a roll more than the Siser EZweed from Uscutter. Their shipping is also 11.42 for one roll and progressively goes up as you add rolls. Is the thermoflex better than the EZweed to justify the extra expense?

I have only used the EZweed so I would like some info. I can't seem to find a supplier for transfer material in my area so i am going to have to order it.

Too bad USCutter doesnt sell the Siser Xtra, I am looking to probably be buying 50yds this week.  I tested both the Siser and the Thermoflex (both the Xtra, for nylon) and I can't say I preferred one or the other.  Siser's backer kind of wrinkled up as it cooled, so there was really no peeling, hot or cold, necessary, which was nice.

Renegade,

Thanks. I have never tried Tee shirts with vinyl cut from a plotter, but I will soon. I bought 10 yards from Fellers to practice with, just to see what results I can produce. I'm pretty sure it should be easy. I bought an import heat press and will post results after I have a chance to play with it a bit.

I looked on http://www.specialtymaterials.com/, but couldn't find pricing. I paid $71.00 for a 15" wide X 10 yard, punched roll of 4 mil matte Royal Blue from Fellers: http://www.fellers.com/

Anyone know what that would cost from Specialty Materials? Thanks.

Z

Specialty Materials doesn't sell direct.  You have to go through a distributor.  The one plus for me is that I can buy Thermoflex in 20" or 24" widths and get two graphics in the same length of vinyl that would only give me one with a bunch of waste on the 15" rolls.  This can really be a money saver.

My pricing is usually 7.75 per yard on Thermoflex 15" & about 10.45 for 20".  I buy it locally and pay no shipping and can normally pick it up the same day in whatever length I need.

My pricing is usually 7.75 per yard on Thermoflex 15" & about 10.45 for 20".  I buy it locally and pay no shipping and can normally pick it up the same day in whatever length I need.

Where are you getting it in 20 and 24" widths, if you don't mind sharing?

GSG is local for me, but I've gotten it from other sign supply places.  Fellers will also get almost anything if you just ask because they only show limited color choices and such, but at least for me its not been a problem if I asked for like 10 yards of 20" wide.  Might take an extra day, but they can get it.

I use the Fibron from Fellers pretty regularly and I like it.

It is a little thicker than other brands it seems like, but overall, I like it. The Fibron is extremely easy to weed which is good for detailed vector stuff.

--Cory

I like fibron from Fellers very much.

Easy weed , good price , and fellers is 15 min a way from me.

Guys/Gals,

Time and Temp settings used?

;D Thanks for the input offered. Anyone have suggestions for time and temp settings? What worked/didn't work for you? Why/why not?

Thanks,

Z

PS: Got my Tees from http://www.jiffyshirts.com/ today. Am expecting the heat press to arrive tomorrow. Already have 5 or 6 people interested and haven't even tried out the machine yet. Pretty exciting. Thanks to all who offer your time, suggestions, and experience. Someday I really hope to be able to do the same and benefit others the way I benefit from this forum.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ;D

I like fibron from Fellers very much.

Easy weed , good price , and fellers is 15 min a way from me.

Is fibron a brand? I have started purchasing from fellers, they are an hour away from me and i can pick up, if they have to ship to me its only a day. I want to try the fibron, is it much thicker than siser? I did a two color on a tshirt with siser and i didnt like how thick it felt.

Renee

Which Siser did you use?  Easyweed by Siser is some of the softest/thinnest I have seen, second maybe to Imprintables Eco-film.  IMO, Thermoflex was thicker than both of those.

I used the easyweed, it is soft but when you layer it...wow that stuff is thick...lol. In my opinion it would do better on a sweatshirt or hoodie if your going to do more than one color, when I finished pressing it ( and it still does somewhat) if you bunched it up it sounded like you were balling up paper, really stiff. My son wears the shirt ( it is a tiger head done in red and black vinyl) everyone loves it and he does too, I just think its thick feeling. I did it about 2 months ago and it still looks great even after being washed a dozen times or more. I bought some thermo flex when I started buying vinyl, speciality graphics was having a sale, I have never used it, the only thing I have used is siser easyweed. I need to give it a shot!

Renee

That "thick" feel is going to be present with all heatpress vinyl you use, unfortunately.  Siser Easyweed is probably the softest you are going to come across.  Have you tried just butt registering the vinyl and not layering it?  It could be tough with shirt shrinkage, but you should be able to get it pretty close. 

That "thick" feel is going to be present with all heatpress vinyl you use, unfortunately.  Siser Easyweed is probably the softest you are going to come across.  Have you tried just butt registering the vinyl and not layering it?  It could be tough with shirt shrinkage, but you should be able to get it pretty close. 

Hey Midwaste, you got me curious now...lol. what exactly is butt registering???

Renee

Hehe... Not layering the vinyl over each other, cutting the vinyl so the edges of separate colors touch, but dont overlap.

Guest kenya

I just wanted to add to this post, that I used Fibron today for the first time & I must say, "It's Great".

I know that some say that it's Thermoflex rebranded & I believe it. It looks & feels exactly the same.  :):o:)