drag---racer

Cutting form Corel Draw 12

Install your plotter's HPGL driver in Windows control panel under "Printers & Faxes"  If your plotter didn't come with a HPGL driver, download a generic HPGL driver from a site such as "driverguide.com".  It will need to be installed in a printer or com port, not a USB port, if your PC doesn't have a com or printer port you'll need to buy standard com card.

wait a minute you can only cut from coral with certain plotters copam and the MH I think?  Ken imes can tell you for sure.  I have a copam and can do it fine but you still have to export as an auto cad file then import back in and cut.  What cutter do you have?

CRD this is incorrect my copam can cut directly from corel I have to export as an auto cad file then import it and cut from the print.

Sorry Designed,

But with direct I mean send it direct to a plotter driver just like a regular printer would do by sending a printjob.

Exporting and then importing it, for me does not count as direct. :thumbsup:

From what I read and understand you export from Corel as autocad file and then import the autocad file in Corel again? Or do you import it in and other program like SBE or Flexi and send it from there?

Please explain in detail, I am lost. :)

Regards, Paco

See this:

http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=11&nav=0

I followed these directions exactly, and this worked for my Refine MH1351 cutting directly from Corel X3.

It worked... but I had to double check the driver settings after every cut  because the settings kept reverting back to the defaults.  To much of a pain.

I still like exporting my stuff from X3 as an .eps and importing into SBE for cutting - works great, price is right, plus I have all my stuff in .eps for future use with whatever program I choose to use in the future.

Mike,

You should be able to stop your driver settings reverting back to default by making the driver a "Read Only" file.

Thanks Joe!

I never thought of that - I'll give that a go over the weekend.

Boy I wish the LP24 had a standard HPGL print driver I like SB,but it wraps my head in circles with I have to switch from 4 different graphics programs!

I design in Corel X4 and send it by the Signcut Pro button to Signcut Pro.

Couldnt be easier I think?

If you do not have X4 then the free SBE is enough to send it straight from there to the cutter.

Paco

well what am i doing wrong ?

i try to use the send to signcut pro button in x4

wait ......

wait .....

wait ......

wait/....

and so it goes on

or if it does go over,  SC pro just has a blank page most of the time..or reads the file wrong

and displays rubbish.

I tryed installing the hpgl driver gsx4500 one my pc. After checking my LP24 with SB. I tryed writing using the printer. I'm very sure I installed the driver correctly but the printer didn't print anything. the "printer" window indicated the driver was waiting for something from the printer. I suspect there wasn't a  Clear to send (CTS) command from the printer back to the driver. Possibly the LP's contour cutting comands ?? I'm not sure but will let you all know of my (un)progress!

Hmmm,

Fragged.

I know you are strugling with SC PRO.

I was also in the begining.

Have been cutting the whole day.

From contour to simple files all from X4 no problems.

Never had an corrupted file.

Did you unistall and install sc PRO once again and clear the temporary window files.

Paco