I received my P-Cut purchased on ebay, and the blade holder is incomplete.  The top end is not threaded and there is no way to adjust the blade depth. I contacted uscutter via support email, but have not heard back from them, so I bought a tap-dye set, threaded it and inserted a 'hardware store' thumbscrew to mate.  It works ok, but changing blades will require re-calibration.

Should I leave negative feedback for uscutter on ebay? I've bought and sold on ebay, and I know how it is, but the listing suggested that SUPPORT IS AVAILABLE for this item.  Sure it's not a high ticket item, but when a critical part is missing, well :)

My only fear is of sellers who receive prompt payment, then wait for buyers feedback before posting feedback of their own - as if they're preparing for feedback retaliation, despite the fact that the buyer holds up their end of the deal. hmm...

-what to do ??

auction no 270151837252

So far they've been pretty responsive for me... that being said, my knife holder is just like yours... missing pieces and isn't threaded.

I need a knife holder as well.

Thanks

I am in the same situation.  I did not receive the blades and thought that was all I was missing.  I think what I have is the plotter pen holder.  Two pieces.  Looks like it could be the sheath and the handle.  I am new to cutters, but I think that the holder for the blades and the plotter holder are 2 different things.  I sent US Cutter an e-mail today, and have not heard back from them.  I did receive my blades after e-mailing them so lets all hope that this can be fixed quickly.  It sounds like you may have the same 2 pieces that I have. 

I got an email this AM

"The blade holder that comes with the cutter is different than the one pictured in the manual. Blade sticks out the black end, and the black end is used for adjusting blade depth."

Hope to try it today :huh:

I received the same email reply as Popeye so I tried to change it around.  It doesn't fit the other way!  Any suggestions?

I partially unscrewed the back part (bottom) and slid the blade in, tightened the black part a little and seated the blade as deep as I thought it should go and put it in the machine.

It was a TIGHT fit as was the pen holder but it fit...  Your mileage may vary  :huh:

Keep in mind that I'm not handicapped by knowing what it should look like or work!!!!  Rank Novice here

The blue boxed blade holder is exactly what the PCut blade holder looks like, not like in the manual. The blade is inserted into the black end, with the blade end of the blade sticking out. Then you use the black end to adjust blade depth.

:huh:

No it does not look like the manual. A steel pin like item taht is magnetizes sits out of the top and the black part at the bottom is the screw. Set it in as far as it will go. Probably farther down than you think.