Sign in to follow this  
sjaguar13

Vinyl Buckles and Letters get Deformed?

I am having a problem cutting Spectra Cut vinyl. The vinyl buckles under the blade and the letters get real round and lopsided. Pressure is set at 130. I tried lowering that to 115, but that requires the blade to stick all the way out. The blade is used, but cuts regular vinyl fine. Should I try a new blade? Would it be better to have the blade stick out less and jack the pressure way up? When the pressure was 115 and the blade was out far, it would stick into the vinyl causing it the buckle (and holes that got poke through the backing). It seems like it was far worse with the long blade. I already wasted a few yards of this stuff, so I don't want to experiment with the shorter blade and more pressure theory if the solution is common knowledge .

I just cut Fashion Flock with 60 degree blade, and then took it out for the Spectra Cut. Should I just use the 60 degree blade for everything?

I just cut Fashion Flock with 60 degree blade, and then took it out for the Spectra Cut. Should I just use the 60 degree blade for everything?

Some people do. Not all material is the same thickness or quality, so you may need to adjsut blade depth and pressure setting for each different type of material.

I put the 60 degree blade back in, and it took care of most of the buckling. The letters still came out kinda funny, but I noticed the artwork didn't import from Illustrator very well, so it's not really a cutting problem.

Guest fivestar

Good luck with that junk ass shit staying on shirts and trying to the peel the backing off it.  Do yourself a favor and throw it in the trash can and get some good vinyl like Siser Easyweed or Multicut or Thermoflex.

Glad to see you got your other problem solved, another thing to try is moving the pinch rollers closer together.