Just saw the copam 2500 on ebay  B) .... NICE!  ;D

BUT ...

had I known this was going to be out, I would never bought the MH721  B) Especially seeings how it will only cut one project then stop working until I reboot my whole computer(using Flexi). Makes it pretty dang tough to get jobs done in time for customers that way... personally, I think I wasted my money on the MH721 since it doesnt work more than it does.

Anyone wanna buy an almost brand new (less than week old) MH721 with only 3 4ft sections on vinyl ran through it??

If you're having to re-boot your computer,it is not the cutters fault.You either have a irq conflict,or a driver conflict, a trojan or virusor the settings wrong in what ever software you are using to cut.It uses a roland pnc1000 driver in flexi..The cutter will only do what instructions it is given through the software and computer.I don't care if you buy the copam or a gerber or roland,if you don't have the software and drivers settings right,it will not cut,no matter what machine it is.

Guest fivestar

I'm pretty sure I seen somewhere in a thread that you said you was running USB, trying unplugging it and plugging it back in the USB cord.  I was having the same problems running USB and that would work for me.  I have since went to serial port and have had no problems at all.  If you do want to sell it I will give you a hundred bucks for it...B)

Billy - then please help me on the comm port issue, if you can. I set the cutter at 4800, set the prod mgr setup for the cutter at 4800, loaded the pnc1000 driver it said - so it will cut, until I got to do a second project. I cut the first thing (hit send) then when its done cutting I hit done. I go to the next cut project, hit send and it tells me cannot open port or write port error.

The copam with auto origin and eye is alot closer to the Graphtec model we have at work (my 9-5 sign shop job), figured it would also be updated as far as how it interacts with Flexi as well (improved driver/comm port reliability)

So, what am I doing wrong that makes me feel like rolling it out the front door?

I'm pretty sure I seen somewhere in a thread that you said you was running USB, trying unplugging it and plugging it back in the USB cord.  I was having the same problems running USB and that would work for me.  I have since went to serial port and have had no problems at all.  If you do want to sell it I will give you a hundred bucks for it...B)

If I could try the serial or parallel port method I would but my system only has usb ports. I'll give the unplug and re-plug a try in just a minute ... in middle of a cut job now where on the second set and it's "stopped"

Guest fivestar

I do believe it is a driver issue, mine would do the same thing when I would replace vinyl colors to go to the next one.  Since using serial I have no problems and yes I seen that you don't have any other ports available.  I really hope they can rectify this problem as it would be nice to use USB in the future.

I use the comport.I couldn't get it set right with the usb or the lpt ports.I read in one of the posts that if you are using the usb port,it has to show com 1 or 3 I believe.But I'm not sure on that.I just know that the usb is actually running an emulated com port.If you have devices installed on com 1 and com 2 on your computer,that could be one of the problems because the com ports would cause an irq conflict.That's about all I can tell you on the usb ports.I wish I could help more.

Got to admit though, the copam 2500 with the auto origin and the photo eye sure is nice feature. The rear feed media rollers being mounted way low is kinda cool too, less chance of the cutter feeding faster than the rollers can roll the vinyl out & having your roll of vinyl go hurling onto the floor and unrolling all over the place. LOL

You can also try using a serial/parallel upgrade card. I had to install a second parallel port card for my HP DesignJet plotter because it through a royal fit with everything on the serial port or through the Jet Direct card. It would not work through a switch at all. I had no luck with my 51" on the USB or parallel port. It works great on the serial port at 9600 baud. Those cards are about $30 or less at CompUSA if there is one near you or online at any number of places. There are other place to get them also depending on where you are.

The USB connection is flaky but some people are using this driver with no problems so I think it is more of a windows/USB issue rather than a driver issue. You can try different USB ports to see if that helps. Make sure your operating system is fully updated with all windows updates. Check the microsoft knowledgebase for any issues concerning USB.

http://support.microsoft.com/search/

In some cases a certain program or computer model can have a particular problem that might be related to this behavior. Make sure you eliminate all the programs running in the background so there is nothing to interfere with the plotter operation.

Start>Run>type MSCONFIG and press enter> Startup tab

You might also try uninstalling any other printer or other communication devices that might be trying to compete with your plotter for communications over the ports. As mentioned before parallel or serial is always going to be more reliable, especially since this is just emulating a serial connection.

Got it working sweet as peach pie so far now - set control panel comm port at 9600 on computer itself, set the comm baud in Flexi prog mgr at 9600 and let the cutter stay at 9600 - then rebooted. After that, tried a job of text. 3 lines, each line a different semi-wild font, nothing larger than 1.5" high ... absolutely no problems cutting, think all is a-ok now :o

Still, after seeing the copam 2500, kinda wished I'd waiting for that baby - it looks sweet  B)

I would like to see the 3500.And I like the fact it can handle 114.8 feet lengths.I think I'll have to try the 3500 when they get it.It never hurts to have a couple of machines.Gives you ones as a backup.