Sign in to follow this  
newcutter

why is my new cutter scratching ON PURPOSE?

I believe it is on purpose that my new Pcut machine is leaving a scratch pattern in my work.  Does some clever user know how to get rid of this?  I am wasting so much time in this "learning curve" B).  HELP PLEASE.

BC

is it doing it or is it you doing it pulling the vinyl off the cutter,, if it is not you make sure the carriage is on the track, and the wheels are up on it,,

I hope this helps

Sandy jo

Blade should barely be sticking out of the blade holder- if you can see the full angle of the blade sticking out of the blade holder- it is out way too far.

No it's not me - any other thoughts?

BC

Also, this happened to me - make sure the screw holding the blade is not pressed up against the cover on the left side. This will cause it not to go up and down and will then cause scratching on your vinyl. It happened when I first got mine.

Thank you all for your suggestions - I loosened the screw as suggested and, of course, the plotter head moves more freely.  I believe thats the problem - I'll know once I do some more cutting.

AGAIN - I am very greatful for the help I receive here.

Thank you DescineModern !!!

BC

Thank you all for your suggestions - I loosened the screw as suggested and, of course, the plotter head moves more freely.  I believe thats the problem - I'll know once I do some more cutting.

AGAIN - I am very greatful for the help I receive here.

Thank you DescineModern !!!

BC

No Problemo - I had the same problem. Why type of cutter do you have?If you have the pcut you can slightly pull the cover w/ the logo forward so you can tighten your screw.