KageDesign

Got my heat press and did my first shirt

Finally got my heat press yesterday and did my first shirt when I got home from work.  Ended up ordering the Hotronix 16x16 auto opening clamshell press from USC which was a much better choice than the one I was going to order off of ebay. Anyway heres the shirt and my new press  B)

post-3399-1298653482401_thumb.jpg

post-3399-12986534824555_thumb.jpg

post-3399-12986534832654_thumb.jpg

post-3399-12986534833024_thumb.jpg

Gotta love the Hotronix auto opening presses!  They are very nice machines.  I have a 16x20 one myself.

BTW, in case it is not known about the Hotronix auto-opening presses, the electromagnet holds the press closed during the entire duration of the timer.  If you need to open up the press prior to the end of the timer count-down, all you need to do is bump upward on the handle with your fist (this is the instruction I got directly from Hotronix when I called about it).  The magnet is strong enough to not let you just pull up on the handle.  But a swift bump upward on the handle is strong enough to break the hold.  Hotronix indicated it causes no harm to the press...and I have been doing that method for the past couple months without problems.

Congrats on the heatpress. I want one really bad but I better figure out on how to do my graphics better first. Nice looking shirt for your first one!

Christi

Looks great, you are going to love that press....it will pay for itself in no time

Thanks everyone. The press was definitely worth the extra money, the saying you get what you pay for does still apply in some cases.  Now hopefully I will get some orders in to start paying for it B)

Thats a good looking shirt. We just got a press. What are you using for you graphic material. I dont like the tranfer paper we got it leave a discolored look around the image. Also where is a good place to get material.

Thanks

Tom

Thats a good looking shirt. We just got a press. What are you using for you graphic material. I dont like the tranfer paper we got it leave a discolored look around the image. Also where is a good place to get material.

Thanks

Tom

Im using Siser Easyweed, purchased through UScutter

Thanks

Tom

Im using Siser Easyweed, purchased through UScutter

I have been using ThermoFlex, I like it a lot, but the stickiness irritates me, does Siser have the sticky back?

kage, once word gets out, u will be making a killing. that's what i mostly do, shirts, and team jerseys. man i love it and the good money behind it.

kage, once word gets out, u will be making a killing. that's what i mostly do, shirts, and team jerseys. man i love it and the good money behind it.

How does one get the  word out that they do shirts? Who do you target?

word of mouth.........co-workers, go to bowling alley find out when the league nights are, go to little league baseball fields talk to the coaches, handing out cards where ever you can........basically PROMOTE yourself, cause no one else can as well as you!!

David

Schools are also another good place if you can get your foot in the door.

Very cool shirt. I am currently looking for a heat press. I will buy one by the end of the month.

Dave

Love the shirt! I use siser as well and I can tell you its super sticky! you have to be real careful when weeding. I also buy transfers they are cheap and proworld has tons of them! people love em. especially ems and firemen!

Renee