DescineModern

Oracal 631 not coming off backing...

I'm losing my mind haha - Oracal 631 is not coming off as easily as I would like it too. I'm even using HT-55 that Oracal sent over for me to sample. This is like a huge science getting the blade and depth pressure right.. I have PCut 24" and my Pressure is set to 90 right now.. the blade is at half the credit card size. Anybody else have tips or ideas on how to get it just right? Thanks a lot!

Is it not coming off of the backing or the application tape? If it is the backing you are having trouble with, does part of the backing try to stick to the tape? I have had that problem. I would try adjusting the blade in a little further so it doesn't cut so deep.

i am glad i am not the only one having problems.  I can get it off the backing...just can't get it off any of the tapes.

Is it not coming off of the backing or the application tape? If it is the backing you are having trouble with, does part of the backing try to stick to the tape? I have had that problem. I would try adjusting the blade in a little further so it doesn't cut so deep.

Ya some of the letters come off and some of them stick on the backing. Then it ends up ripping up the backing with it... it's not like i've seen in some videos coming off easily! haha.

The funny thing is that the HT-55 tape works great with 8500 Transparent Vinyl.... ?!

I am having the same problem with the 631 I ordered here, it is such a pain to get off the backing! I tried adjusting the blade every which way but have had no luck. I have no problems with any other vinyl. Oracal even send me a sample of their transfer tape and no luck. Weird.......

I am having the same problem with the 631 I ordered here, it is such a pain to get off the backing! I tried adjusting the blade every which way but have had no luck. I have no problems with any other vinyl. Oracal even send me a sample of their transfer tape and no luck. Weird.......

Ya Oracal sent me a sample of HT-55 and no luck either!

Does it weed easy and you are just having a problem getting it onto the transfer tape without bringing up the backing liner? I posted a solution for that somewhere in here if that is what is happing. It is called the oracal flip. Basically you flip the vinyl over so that the letters are now face down with the backing of the liner face up, and peal the liner at a 180 degree angle back along the table surface (not upward towards you). It sounds like a minor thing, but it will make a big difference in separating the vinyl from the liner. Hope this helps if this is your problem.

Christi

Does it weed easy and you are just having a problem getting it onto the transfer tape without bringing up the backing liner? I posted a solution for that somewhere in here if that is what is happing. It is called the oracal flip. Basically you flip the vinyl over so that the letters are now face down with the backing of the liner face up, and peal the liner at a 180 degree angle back along the table surface (not upward towards you). It sounds like a minor thing, but it will make a big difference in separating the vinyl from the liner. Hope this helps if this is your problem.

Christi

Hi Christi,

I def. saw what you posted and have tried that. Just wondering, okay so I apply the squeegee with the letters face up first and then flip it upside down (without apply pressure on the backing) pull 180˚ and it should work?

To be honest I haven't tried it out yet. I got this info off a newletter I get from signs + banners due to people having troubles with it. It sounds like you apply the tape with the squegee and then flip it over and pull at the 180 degree away from you. You will have to let me know if it actually helps or not. I am sorry I couldn't be more help with the hands on.

To be honest I haven't tried it out yet. I got this info off a newletter I get from signs + banners due to people having troubles with it. It sounds like you apply the tape with the squegee and then flip it over and pull at the 180 degree away from you. You will have to let me know if it actually helps or not. I am sorry I couldn't be more help with the hands on.

I shall - I have a shipment of 631 coming this friday with both HT-55 and R-Tape AT-60. I'll do a video review and post it on YouTube.

Not sure, I have had no problems with my Perfectear.  Lifts it right off.....gotta be careful when you squeegee to the substrate though and remove the tape.....the adhesive isn't as strong as say on 651 so make sure you are pulling back over top itself.

Not sure, I have had no problems with my Perfectear.  Lifts it right off.....gotta be careful when you squeegee to the substrate though and remove the tape.....the adhesive isn't as strong as say on 651 so make sure you are pulling back over top itself.

What type of cutter for you have and what are your settings? Thanks

30" refine.....and my settings vary depending on what I am cutting and how much blade I have out.  Normally I try to get less blade and more pressure, mine seems to cut best when I am running about 110-120 pressure and barely cutting through the vinyl to the backing.  There is also a spot it cuts pretty well having more blade out and having about 90 pressure.  Either way really works, but I have never had it stick.  I think maybe you may be cutting too deep, I have had that cause me problems in the past because when I cut to deep it seems to want to stick.

30" refine.....and my settings vary depending on what I am cutting and how much blade I have out.  Normally I try to get less blade and more pressure, mine seems to cut best when I am running about 110-120 pressure and barely cutting through the vinyl to the backing.  There is also a spot it cuts pretty well having more blade out and having about 90 pressure.  Either way really works, but I have never had it stick.  I think maybe you may be cutting too deep, I have had that cause me problems in the past because when I cut to deep it seems to want to stick.

for the past week i've been using my PCut and Laserpoint both 24" - I got R-Tape AT-60 and have been using HT-55 with Oracal 631... I havent had any issues once I lowered the down pressure on the blade. Thanks for everyone's help!