Sandstormdesigns

Cutting Master 2 1.4v and 1.6v issues on Illustrator or CorelDraw

I have a Graphtec FC8000-75. I am using Adobe Illustrator CS3 with Cutting Master 2 1.6v upgrade. The problem I am having, the weed line option does not work in 1.4v or 1.6v, just the weed border or box. At first, I thought it was the one version to the next. I uninstalled and reinstalled both versions. The problem is still there...no weed lines, vertically or horizonally, just the weed border. Does anyone has these problems? ;) :-

I can only get horizontal weed lines and the border to work so far. Sorry for the problem but I still like it more than the alternatives

How do you setup registration marks in Cutting Master 2? Everything I read or videos from Graphtec is about Contour Cutting or Per Cutting. I need to cut mutli-color decals and do not know how to use the Registration  options in Cutting Master or Adobe Illustrator CS3. How does it work?

First off the registration marks need to be inside the area used by the pinch rollers that bound the cutable area. Then the image needs to be inside the area bounded by the registration marks. You lose a lot of space for your transfers to the pinch rollers and registration marks and you wind up with a fairly small area to print and cut so after trying once to use the contour cutting system, I don't do it any more.

Thanks. I sat down and thought of a way to do Crop Marks. I will be placing my techniques of the site soon. I don't want anyone going through what i went through to line up

multi-color decals.

You do have a smaller space to work with when using registration marks to contour cut.  So, I try to use 11"x17" sheets whenever I can and that really helps the problem because I can normally get at least 2 full size graphics on a sheet and still have lots of room for registration marks.  When I want registration marks for laying up multi-layer decals, I don't need it to use the registration marks to contour cut so I just copy the registration marks to each color layer and make sure they aren't on the actual registration mark layer.  Then the only optical eye doesn't try to use the registration marks and they are just for my reference when laying up the decal.