Guest fivestar

GraphTec CE5000-60

Guest fivestar

Well I got my new GraphTec CE5000-60 today and man do I love it.  I haven't had alot of time to try it out yet but what I did get to do I love.  There's a few things I haven't got figured out yet, but I can tell you it cuts beautifully.  Whisper quiet and fast also this thing is built very very very well. 

Guest fivestar

Pics or ban!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I will be giving pics......I honestly barely had time today to mess with it.....but I told myself I WAS getting it hooked up and trying her out.  Ohhhhhh it's nice...... :huh: ??? ;D

u know what five? i'm usually a jealous hearted person. always glad to see other people get new things.

but damn, u r making me hate on u and ur new toy.  :'( :thumbsup: lmao!

can u just keep us up to date without the gloating pleassseee. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Guest fivestar

Sheila just for you I will :thumbsup:.  I'll be snapping some pics of some things I do with it here when I get some free time and get used to it.  There's some things I haven't got figured out yet, hell actually the only thing I have figured out was how to cut.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :huh: I can tell you it cuts ALOT faster then my Refine's but the measuring of the vinyl everytime is something I don't like yet.  Hell I know how wide the vinyl is, I don't need a machine to tell me that everytime I put it in the cutter.  :huh:;D ;D

I'm no pro, but I have managed to cut about 100 yards of heat press vinyl with it and am getting my decals going pretty well finally.  Feel free to pester me all you like as I owe you a few million answers.

Does the graphTec use Roland knives by any chance?  I am also looking to get a GraphTec, however I have a ton of cutting knives in 45 and 60 degree and I hate to have to buy a new type.  Thanks!

-Matt

Guest fivestar

I'm no pro, but I have managed to cut about 100 yards of heat press vinyl with it and am getting my decals going pretty well finally.  Feel free to pester me all you like as I owe you a few million answers.

Oh I'm sure I will be "pestering" you.  I ran about 10 yrds of heatpress vinyl through mine today, let me ask you this "I had to use some Thermoflex which is 15" wide, how can I get it to measure the 15" as the grit part of the rollers aren't in that range?"  I had to rotate my designs today and wasted some vinyl (actually kept as scraps) as I couldn't "fit it in the 'grit part' of the rollers".

Guest fivestar

Does the graphTec use Roland knives by any chance?  I am also looking to get a GraphTec, however I have a ton of cutting knives in 45 and 60 degree and I hate to have to buy a new type.  Thanks!

-Matt

No they take a completely different type.  I know what you mean, I have "a ton" of roland blades too, but figured I will use them some day as I still have my Refine cutters and I'm sure I will use them at different times.

Congrats Five - I'm jealous - just upgraded to a Copam - working my way up slowly

Oh I'm sure I will be "pestering" you.  I ran about 10 yrds of heatpress vinyl through mine today, let me ask you this "I had to use some Thermoflex which is 15" wide, how can I get it to measure the 15" as the grit part of the rollers aren't in that range?"  I had to rotate my designs today and wasted some vinyl (actually kept as scraps) as I couldn't "fit it in the 'grit part' of the rollers".

Well, first thing is that I'm using Corel Draw for all of my stuff and I know you are a Flexi man.  I usually don't use the auto measure features and I just align the left side of my 15" vinyl on the second blue mark/grit roller from the left and haven't had a problem.   When I line up 20" vinyl, I use the far left grit roller & blue mark as my far left edge of vinyl.

Guest fivestar

Well, first thing is that I'm using Corel Draw for all of my stuff and I know you are a Flexi man.  I usually don't use the auto measure features and I just align the left side of my 15" vinyl on the second blue mark/grit roller from the left and haven't had a problem.   When I line up 20" vinyl, I use the far left grit roller & blue mark as my far left edge of vinyl.

How do you turn off the auto measure?  I don't need to use it either. 

ya 15in wide vinyl shouldn't be a problem at all setting the pinch rollers to the very edge for almost no waist

I'll have to see what I'm doing wrong, I could only get it to measure 11" width.

congrats 5 on your purchase. I love mine. I cut 15" stuff all of the time and can yield at least 14" width. You will have to move both pinch rollers. Somewhere they will line up for 15" vinyl and set them on the very edge. The graphtec tracks very true.

Hope this helps

Joel

Guest fivestar

Joel thanks, yes I just seen how to get it to 15" DUH my dumbass wasn't thinking of moving the one pinch roller over.  Now if someone can tell me how to "disable" the auto read feature as I really don't need that everytime I load vinyl.

Joel sure made what I was trying to say more simple.  I totally didn't think about you being used to keeping the right roller in place.

It will auto measure when you first set the rollers.  There likely is a place in setup on the cutterr to turn that off, but I have left it alone so far.  The part I don't use is in Cutting Master and I just uncheck the stuff in there normally because I know where its cutting and have just planned for it in my drawings.

There is also a setting that you should check for page length.  Mine was set to 11" by default and larger drawings would just stop cutting for no reason. 

Setting:

When in READY mode, press PAUSE >> NEXT until you see Page Length >>

ENTER >> change to 1078 by using arrow keys >> ENTER to confirm the

change

Also, I highly recommend just calling Graphtec support.  If its a simple question I usually just email them and sometimes it takes a day or two, but I always get a solid answer back.  When I first got my cutter and was basically to lazy to read the documentation, I just called them out and they talked me through all kinds of stuff to get me going quickly. 

Hey 5 it is in the special function A menu.

Enabling/Disabling the Media Sensors

This function sets the media sensors that detect the size of the medium in the feed direction.

When ENABLED is selected, the feed-direction media sensors are enabled.

When DISABLED is selected, the feed-direction media sensors are disabled.

(The default setting is ENABLED.)

Enabling/Disabling the Home Sensors

This function sets the home sensors that detect the width of the medium.

When ENABLED is selected, the home sensors are enabled.

When DISABLED is selected, the home sensors are disabled.

(The default setting is ENABLED.)

Joel

Guest fivestar

Joel thank you thank you thank you.

I just wanted to let everyone know, I just cut a graphic 167" long and 23" wide and this machine didn't go off course any, I mean not a fraction of an inch.  I could have cut it with my Refine but it would of taken me probably a half hr to get it to track exactly right.  This one did it the first time.  Guys, if you're considering getting one, do it now, they are excellent machines.

Guest fivestar

Just an update.......I cut something 218.7" and it tracked like a dream.  These machines will track forever without going off even a 1/32 of an inch, it's amazing.

B)  I want one ;D

Oh well...pinch the pennies pinch the pennies...the graphtech will come...THE GRAPHTECH WILL COME!

I had mine for 3 months now and LOVE IT!!!!!!! Thats what cutting vinyl is all about longest I cut was 81 inches but not a problem, and the detail is wonderfull. Congrats

Guest fivestar

Thanks, yes the detail is amazing.  I didn't have to adjust any offset on the cutter or in my software (Flexi).  It closes every cut beautifully.  I may actually get a break here next week where I can actually "play around with it" as right now all I have been doing is cutting vinyl and not getting to use any features.  So far I am loving everything about it and am definitely glad I purchased it.

Not to persuade anyone from the Refine or Pcut, it's just these GraphTecs are so nice.

I can tell you it cuts beautifully.  Whisper quiet and fast also this thing is built very very very well. 

I told you it would  :huh:

Jon

Guest fivestar

I told you it would  :huh:

Jon

Yes you did Jon and that's one of the reasons I "pulled the trigger", thank you very much for persuading me.