Sign in to follow this  
WREKDgrafix

stickers on ebay

how is it that people get away with selling stickers on ebay that are copyrighted?? all i see is all the nfl and mlb teams along with fox, volcom, alpinestars???

how is it that they can sell these??

I've always asked that question. Most of them would say they have the right to that image, which I find it hard to believe. The thing with ebay is they are not hard on sellers. Its like they don't care what goes on there, as long as they are making money. This really burns the people that do purchase the rights to these images. and on top of that they are being sold for pennies which dosen't help the sales for others.

Sooner or later they will get caught and in the process they'll lose everything they own.

riddle me this....who pays the fees to ebay? Sellers. Ebay will act ONLY if there is a complaint from the copyright holder.

And from what I have seen/read about ... the copyright holders go after the big fish with deep pockets . If somebody is selling a couple decals a month ( especially if they have never been accused of or charged with copyright infringement ) not worth suing as much as a company that is selling thousands of decals . It was a major sports apparrel business that got a million dollar award against them by RCR ( Nascar ) .

I wondered this very same thing.  So....I decided to go ahead and list a few HD decals.  didnt take long before the ebay police were knockin on my inbox to let me know that I needed to stop.  they did say that there was a complaint from HD and they are aware that there were others doing the very same thing, but I was the one that got singled out so I had to stop.  They gave me a person to contact with HD to discuss the matter and for me to stop immediately and ended all of my illegal listings.  Nothing ever happened and I never heard anything further from Harley or ebay.  So, lesson learned for a newbie and I havent listed any copyrighted items again.

thanks

Todd

Harley Davidson is bad about coming after you.. I was told that GM, Disney, WB-warner bros.. will come after you to.. I was at a super chevy show about 3 years ago and there was this guy in a trailer selling decals..  but no chevy no gm nothing.. so I said hey where the chevy bowtie at .. he told me he didn't have the rights to sell them.. so I try to get him to cut me one.. he said no way he got burn for selling them one time and he would never do that again... so I ask him how much is the rights to sell them he told me it was a 5 year deal and it was over 100k... so I don't think anyone on ebay as the rights to any of the copyright thing they are selling..