Jason50

COPAM DRIVER "THE REAL THING"

excellent find!

Also, and always have been avaliable in the "downloads" section on www.uscutter.com

:)

excellent find!

Also, and always have been avaliable in the "downloads" section on www.uscutter.com

setting there the whole time?:) i called us cutter the other day and the tech i spoke to said that copam had not given them any specific drivers for this cutter?:) i also have other threads going on this site asking for this information?:huh:? oh well.

here is a link to the winxpdriver

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ru&u=http://www.t-g.ru/info/drivers.html&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=4&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dwinxp%2Bdriver%2Bcopam%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG

Sorry for any miscommunication. If I remember our conversation, I had mentioned we had one, but very few had been able to get it to work cutting directly from Corel, and I am not trained on how to do it. I do not even have a copy of Corel Draw to test with, so it was out of our scope of support. If you have some instructions on how to set it up properly to cut from Corel, it would be a very informative post. Glad to hear it worked great for you.

I'd really like to know, too! :)

Just where do you put these files, or how do you install them? ;)

Go to Printers & Faxes, install new printer, select the folder where you have the files. Select LPT1 when asked for the port. As fas as I am aware it will only work on LPT1.

hey folks, i've been around the world and back since this post. i have a few tips to making this work for ya.

1. download the attached driver and unzip the contents.

2. place the downloaded files into a folder, doesn't matter where it is, just make sure you can find it, will be c/unzipped folder by default.

3. open the control panel and install a new printer.

4. choose the recommended LPT1 and "choose the driver" from the folder you placed it in, "letters cutter" should be the one and you will have to choose "have disk" to find the driver.

5. within corel draw you should now be able to cut from the viewable area... which is 8 1/2 x 11

6. if this is working for ya, then you can adjust the page setup by selecting file-page setup-then choose the "letters cutter"

7. click properties from the page setup box which is open, key 581 and 3500 into the user defined boxes, this will make the cuttable area bigger, about 24"x 12'.

8. to see the cuttable area simply click view-show-printable area from the tool bar. this will show you a dotted line around the cuttable area, you will need to do this in order to see where you are at on the page.

9. if you don't like that box/page in the middle of the cuttable you can adjust that by clicking layout-page setup-this will take you to an options page and from there you can simply key in 24" and 144", after this choose the save custom page option and name it something cool like "mycompam cutter". now, this will allow the page size to match the cuttable area. each time you open corel draw you will need to select the show printable area and select you cool page setup name from the tool bar options.

10.pay me money for telling you my secrets and kiss signcut x2 and their $$$$$$ goodbye.

i hope you understand all of this as i simply typed it as i remembered it, but is does work perfectly and signcut 12 does not need to be used with the copam cutter.

if you still need help just shoot me an email inside_scott@email.com  i will try to answer them this time, i have spent the last two years in college finishing a BS and now about 3 classes away from a MS.

thanks

jason

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

hey folks, i've been around the world and back since this post. i have a few tips to making this work for ya.

2. place the downloaded files into a folder, doesn't matter where it is, just make sure you can find it, will be c/unzipped folder by default.

4. choose the recommended LPT1 and "choose the driver" from the folder you placed it in, "letters cutter" should be the one and you will have to choose "have disk" to find the driver.

5. within corel draw you should now be able to cut from the viewable area... which is 8 1/2 x 11

6. if this is working for ya, then you can adjust the page setup by selecting file-page setup-then choose the "letters cutter"

7. click properties from the page setup box which is open, key 581 and 3500 into the user defined boxes, this will make the cuttable area bigger, about 24"x 12'.

8. to see the cuttable area simply click view-show-printable area from the tool bar. this will show you a dotted line around the cuttable area, you will need to do this in order to see where you are at on the page.

9. if you don't like that box/page in the middle of the cuttable you can adjust that by clicking layout-page setup-this will take you to an options page and from there you can simply key in 24" and 144", after this choose the save custom page option and name it something cool like "mycompam cutter". now, this will allow the page size to match the cuttable area. each time you open corel draw you will need to select the show printable area and select you cool page setup name from the tool bar options.

10.pay me money for telling you my secrets and kiss signcut x2 and their $$$$$$ goodbye.

i hope you understand all of this as i simply typed it as i remembered it, but is does work perfectly and signcut 12 does not need to be used with the copam cutter.

if you still need help just shoot me an email inside_scott@email.com  i will try to answer them this time, i have spent the last two years in college finishing a BS and now about 3 classes away from a MS.

thanks

jason

does that mean it worked for you?

thanks

jason

does that mean it worked for you?

Have not tried it, but appreciate the walk-through.

wondering does it matter which copam you have I did not catch what copam this goes with?  Does it matter?  and will it work with the 2500 copam?

oh yeah, i did not realize there were different COPAM's. These are instructions for the 2500. Great cutter!!! I prefer it over the Graphtecs I used to own.

I realize this is a very old thread, but I'm new to my Copam CP-2500 (though I have lots of experience with other plotters and software) but does this work in Windows 7 Home Premium as well as what version of CorelDraw does this work with (any limitations)? I'm using X7 on a Windows 7 64bit machine.

I do have SignGo Pro 1.20 (with dongle) as backup but am curious to cut directly from CorelDraw X7. I will also be trying this via USB connection. I haven't messed around with this yet but I intend on doing it over the Christmas holidays coming up. We'll see what happens...

If I can get this to work then I will be able to sell my SignGo Pro which would be nice...

Thanks!

Here is the info for the Copam  set up..   You could use FREE Signblazer with the Copam.  

http://www.uscuttersupport.com/copam-vinylcutter-setup.html

I have that installed too now. It looks very Windows XP like with the interface and colorscheme but it definitely has some serious "chops" in the end. For the price it is a steal. I did some research on this software and the wide following it has in these forums. I'm sorry to hear the original developer (Jerry Bonham) passed away and that it is essentially abandonware now. Too bad the original source code couldn't be donated to the open source community or a kickstarter fund started to purchase the rights and then open source it. It's interesting how people have hacked the serial number sequence in Ollydbg. I learned something new...It's also interesting to see how others have already patched it too. Makes me wonder how USCutters managed to rebrand their own version. Perhaps Jerry helped customize it for USCutters before he passed away? Who knows...

Anyhow I'm rambling. I'm still trying to get my copam cp2500 to play nicely with SignGo Pro FD 1.20. I can make it cut but it never finishes and the screen says "cutting" but it's essentially frozen and accepts no input from the buttons. It requires a hard reboot by flipping the power switch and remeasuring the media. That's another thread I will reply to though...sigh!

Anyhow thanks MzSkeeter for your reply. ;D

Oh, I just tried this on Windows 7 64bit and it doesn't work. If pops up an error:

The folder you specified doesn't contain a compatible software driver for your device. If the folder contains a driver, make sure it is designed to work with WIndows for x64-based systems.

So ya, no luck for us Windows 7 64 bit folks at least using that driver. If anyone can tell me where they found that 32 bit driver on XP I would be interested in finding out because by now (this many years later) there may be something for WIndows 7. XP has been deprecated as we all now now a days...