Sign in to follow this  
metatrox

decent heat press for around $400?

I'm looking to get a press at least 15"x15" but have heard I should avoid the cheapies on eBay. Are there any decent brands in this price for this size.

I would highly recommend that you spend a little extra and get an American made press with a lifetime warranty on the heating element. I just bought the 15"x15" Hix Swingman and it is pretty awesome. You can get it for around $650-$700, maybe even cheaper if you find a great deal.

You will be extremely glad that you spent the extra money if you start using it in regular production daily. I bought an eBay press a few months back and it lasted for about 1 month, then just stopped heating.

--Cory

Find a good brand name press and buy it used.  I'd recommend, Hix, Mighty, & Stahls off the top of my head.

I have both a Sunie 15x15 and Hotronix 16x20.  My Sunie works great and have done some very large orders with it.  The Sunie is definitely in your price range...and I consider it to be a great piece of equipment.  Even though I now have a Hotronix as well, I still find myself using the Sunie quite a bit.  It heats up faster than my Hotronix, so I end up using it when I need to make a quick shirt.  For the larger orders, I now use the Hotronix.

Guest sciondrgn

I wouldnt mind having one of the better brand heat presses out there but my Sunie 15x15 works great

the 'cheapies' on ebay,including the one US Cutter sells, will probably make you enough money to buy a better one in a  very short time. I know several people who use them on a daily basis with no problems.

However, US Cutter does sell a Hotronix:

http://www.uscutter.com/Hotronix-Mighty-Press-Digital-Heat-Press-15-x-15-inch_p_277.html

Since this forum is maintained and paid for by US Cutter, I thought I might mention that.

the 'cheapies' on ebay,including the one US Cutter sells, will probably make you enough money to buy a better one in a  very short time. I know several people who use them on a daily basis with no problems.

However, US Cutter does sell a Hotronix:

http://www.uscutter.com/Hotronix-Mighty-Press-Digital-Heat-Press-15-x-15-inch_p_277.html

Since this forum is maintained and paid for by US Cutter, I thought I might mention that.

USC is who I bought my Hotronix 16x20 from.  :thumbsup:

Guest fivestar

I would also recommend the Hotronix from US Cutter, buy it once and never worry about it.  I've heard good things from SunIE presses, but I owned a "chinese press" and I can tell you it's like night and day between that press I owned and my Hotronix Mighty Press.