MarwanB

SB Not Responding!

SB is very temperamental it stops responding when it feels like it.  Sometimes it will work great for 5 to 6 cuts and then it stops working.  Other times it stops from the begining.  This happens when I send a job to the PCUT as soon as I press "Cut Tile".  I am forced to restart the computer everytime it stops responding.  Help please!

Can you please try this update of SignBlazer.

http://www.signblazer.net/signblazer/updates/uscutter/setup.exe

With this version SignBlazer should not lock up and you should be able to press the cancel button in SignBlazer and not have to restart your computer.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

Bruce.

I tried the upgrade, but my computer still locks up.

Seems worse on larger (18"x24" and above) signs. I can only cut them one word at a time or it locks up.

Any ideas?

I have the exact same problem. Grr....

Also, does anyone have the problem of the machine "forgetting" to pick up the blade when it should? Sometimes it drags the blade right through a bunch of letters it just cut! It wastes sooo much vinyl. HELP!

Guest missy

I have the same problem.  Mine does not cut across the vinyl though.  I just have to keep restarting my computer.  Bruce, I have been reading the forum about this update.  If I down load this update will it affect Signblazer that is there now?  I have come along way this is about the only problem I am having now.  Thanks alot for all your support.

Please try this new update. This is to address the problem with SB not responding. We have spent a bit of time testing this and it fixes the problem on our test system.

http://www.signblazer.net/signblazer/updates/uscutter/setup_240807.exe

I have the exact same problem. Grr....

Also, does anyone have the problem of the machine "forgetting" to pick up the blade when it should? Sometimes it drags the blade right through a bunch of letters it just cut! It wastes sooo much vinyl. HELP!

First check this topic. http://uscutter.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=2&topic=1602.0

If everything looks ok and you have a consistent problem with it cutting through the letters can you please try cutting to a file and posting the cut output here so I can check it out.

cut_to_file.gif

I had the same issues and it took uninstalling SB and doing a reinstall from the website given to me by Bruce.  I still have a few lock ups but now I can just unplug the usb from the plotter and plug it right back in and it clears the problem.  Try it, your files should be saved in a file that would not be removed on the uninstall.  Check to see where the files are located before you do it.  I think that there were some issues with the SB version I got with my cutter so maybe you are having the same issues.

Dee...the unplugging and plugging in of the USB cable is a sure sign that your computer is dropping the connection. It happens to me from time to time and even on my other cutter which is connected with serial. There are lots of reasons this can happen,one of which is that the cable is a bit lose in the connection. This is the case with my serial cable. Nothing for me to do but unplug and re-plug,except for changing out my computer motherboard. So,I have just gotten into the habit of unplugging and re-plugging every time I turn the machines on in the morning.