sarconastic

Roll Vinyl Calculator

I was sitting here trying to figure up my expenses on a few decals I just made, and thought why not just make a spread sheet that does it for me. So I sat down and figured out the formulas and here ya go. I have attached the Excel file here.

I was going to get a little more advanced, and I am up for suggestions. It will let you put the Name of the vinyl, your Supplier, the width and length, then it calculates your cost per square yard, foot and inch. Then at the end you can put in a length and width for a sign or decal and the number of color layers and with let you know the cost per decal/sign.

It's basically a running list of your materials with some calculations in it. So you get a new roll, you put it in the sheet while you have the invoice handy and then when you need to know what a project it going to cost you enter the numbers. Kind of like a mini Inventory. If you have more rolls that the sheet I sent uses, just copy a row and paste it back in below the bottom. It should copy the formulas etc into the new row.

Let me know what you think. This was done in Excel 2000, but it should open using OpenOffice spreadsheet too if you have it.

***EDIT: Updated this one to the new version,

Roll Vinyl Calculator 2.zip

• Like 4

Guest fivestar

Thanks alot, I will give 'er a go and see how she performs.  :thumbsup::rolleyes::lol:

this is for me and the other 20 ppl that did not give thanks for all the work that you put into this.

Thank You  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing, and taking the time to create the form... I'll give it a shot in the morning.

:rolleyes::lol::thumbsup:

Excellent, works great.  Had to copy the formula down in last colom.  I like it, gives you a great idea of your cost of materials without using your brain.  I've already got plent of vinyl and all my application tapes put in.  Thank you for takong the time to do this and even bigger thanks for posting it.

Jim

Thanks everyone for the support. I figure this is one way I can give back a little bit. I filled out that last column that I forgot, and also added a check to make sure it wouldn't error out when there were no totals. I added a Sum at the bottom so you could add a couple vinyls together for a bid or whatever. I didn't change anything on the left side, so if you already put all your stuff into the old one, just Copy and paste it into the fixed one.

Hopefully it helps someone.

• Like 1

lol where was this about a year ago when i was doing manual calcs to find this info out? lol

would it be possible to have it total you app tape and vinyl for a job?

thanks, will give it a try. thanks for u taking the time and sharing ur program with us. :lol::rolleyes:

wow good work that will be very helpful but like said before is it possible to calc in the cost of app tape aswell

would it be possible to have it total you app tape and vinyl for a job?

i just added the tape in on one of the lines just as it was vinyl

• Like 1

Johhnyboy, Just put your  roll of app tape in just like a roll of vinyl, it will still calculate. Example a 24" wide roll of Rtape 4076-RLA from Uscutter is 71.02 a roll, enter those just like a roll of vinyl. All this thing does is take the Length and width of the vinyl roll, convert it to sq inches then divide by the cost per roll. then when you put in the dimension of your vinyl and or tape it multiplies the square inches by the cost per square inch and then totals at the right.

I also added a sum to the 2nd version that will total any entries you have figure on the right.

Jeffery, I thought about adding a summing job calculator, and I might get a little wild one of these nights and and create a separate workbook that is more form like, that way people will be able to keep a seperate inventory and just check off which material they are using etc. If i get that serious about it, we're gonna have to talk "Vinylware" license..'Free to try, Send Sarc a chunk of vinyl to Continue using.' :thumbsup:

I actually enjoy creating tools that help make the work easier.

Johhnyboy, Just put your  roll of app tape in just like a roll of vinyl, it will still calculate. Example a 24" wide roll of Rtape 4076-RLA from Uscutter is 71.02 a roll, enter those just like a roll of vinyl. All this thing does is take the Length and width of the vinyl roll, convert it to sq inches then divide by the cost per roll. then when you put in the dimension of your vinyl and or tape it multiplies the square inches by the cost per square inch and then totals at the right.

I also added a sum to the 2nd version that will total any entries you have figure on the right.

Jeffery, I thought about adding a summing job calculator, and I might get a little wild one of these nights and and create a separate workbook that is more form like, that way people will be able to keep a seperate inventory and just check off which material they are using etc. If i get that serious about it, we're gonna have to talk "Vinylware" license..'Free to try, Send Sarc a chunk of vinyl to Continue using.' :thumbsup:

I actually enjoy creating tools that help make the work easier.

Yep. It makes it a ton easier when you sitting there pricing a job, and trying to figure out how much you have in materials. I do have the version with the sums, but it isn't 100% yet. When I complete it I'll update this thread.

I'm also looking into a bases of using markup %'s for the user to select, then show the figured advertised price.  :thumbsup: