Okay now, I have a Graphtec FC-8000. Can anyone explain to me about the blade offset? I know that it suppose to be the centerline of the blade to the blade holder. However, is the tip of the blade +(plus) offset and the back -(minus) or vice versa? I'm using the CB15U blade with the 1.5mm Red blade holder. I'm trying to tweak to cut 3mil vinyl but it leaves little spurs on my letters, making it tug when weeding. This cutter is so new, it is hard to find any info on it.

Havent got a graphtec but if you have altered it and its still doing it try altering the overcut option on the cutting software as it could be that also.

Okay. I have everything tweaked. I used the overcut setting instead of Tangential Emulation mode 2 setting. I set the overcut to .016 for the start and .016 for the end. Perfect cut, all the way down to a 1/3 of and inch cut.

I am having a problem setting profile settings to the plotter from the Cutting Plotter Controller. Anytime I send a Condition setting to the plotter, the alarm (Error 02001) beeps and I have to press Enter to okay it. It didn't start this until I updated the firmware of the plotter.  ;D

Hmm yes I am going to have to go with Fives advice. Please contact the techs at Graphtec and see what they have to say about it. If you have trouble getting through to them let me know and I will help you out.

Okay. I need some info! First of all, has anyone checked out this site? www.ysquarestore.com. I was looking at the CB09UA holder and CB09 blades for my FC8000, since I use the CB15U 45 for sandmask and vinyl. Now that I am doing Vinyl decals and Heat Transfer shirts, I wanted to purchase another holder (CB09UA) with blades so I don't have to keep adjusting blade length for mil change. Then I saw a Graphtec holder for Roland blades. This would cut my blade purchase in half by purchasing Roland blades, which I use with my Copam CP2500. Consequently, the Graphtec CB09 blade has a slingshot spring on it. I wanted to know the purpose of this spring compare to the Roland blades has none. Will not having the spring affect the performance of the plotter. Does this place use resharpened blades? Any response would be helpful.

Hello,  I have a Graphtec FC7000mk2-75 which  I use CB09UA(1)  BLUE CAP    I also have a Seiki  which uses Roland blades,,  that Roland blade is too large in diameter, to fit thru  the CB09UA holder...the Graphetic spring is keeping the blade from coming all the way thru the holder,,,,,  I do not change  the length of blade for different mil vinyl. Mostly i use 3 mil outdoor vinyl, and that is what I cut the most, but if I am am going to change to thicker, like chrome. I change the force. Not the blade length.  If you go into your cutting controller  ...click, list ,edit you will have a screen come up that shows what force goes with each mil (type) of vinyl.  or at least close...

post-3093-12986537446714_thumb.jpg

post-3093-12986537459585_thumb.jpg

Thanks! So I really don't need to have to sets of blades, CB15U and CB90UA? What do you recommend for your overcut settings, start and end value for 4mil vinyl? I use the CB15U.

according to my screen ,, thick substrates need the CB15U-K30 ,,  FORCE  20    most of all the rest  of vinyls use  CB09UA  (1)  I only use the CB09UA (1)      I use  flexistarter 8.5 for my sign software,,,AND ALL  my other settings are from there..

Thanks! So I really don't need to have to sets of blades, CB15U and CB90UA? What do you recommend for your overcut settings, start and end value for 4mil vinyl? I use the CB15U.

the CB15U is only for thick substrates according to my info...different blade and holder for common vinyl

is that the holder and blade that came with the FC8000?  according to Graphtec site  standard accessories are (1)  Php32-CB09NHS blade holder and (1) CB09UA-1  blade 

This was the blade setup I chose when I ordered my Graphtec. I knew the CB09 is your general blade but I was afraid of abuse because it was so small to cut Sandmask 25mil. It works fine with vinyl as well once set. I was just considering the CB09 to drop in, already set blade length and condition change to whatever to cut my vinyl and heat transfer.

I've been working out of FlexiSign Pro 8.1v but it doesn't have a driver for the FC8000-75. I couldn't find any updates. Neither does Vinyl Express LXi 8.5v. Need Help!

I downloaded the UScutter drivers. No FC8000 though;however, I hear from Signmax...the makers of WinPCSign Pro, that it should be able to use any GP-GL driver but with the FC8000 it has to be rescaled for the drivers to work. The plotter reports offscale in the Show Me and then plot some data stuff straight down the paper.

After series of test, I found that simply changing the language of the Graphtec to Auto or HPGL it will allow you to cut/plot with any other Graphtec/Vinyl Express drivers such as the FC7000, FC7000MK2, VE Q75 and etc. Now I need to learn how to contour cut for my heat transfer. I haven't conquered that yet.

Hmmm sorry for the misinformation. I will have to add the FC8000 to that driver pack.

There are contour cutting videos available on the Graphtec support site.

Thanks. I have also got the plotter to work with Vinyl Master Pro 2.95v. By changing the language to HPGL or Auto, choose the Vinyl Express Q60, Q75, etc. The FC8000 will work in any program with those changes.