Saiyt!

Vinyl Heat Transfer on Shirt-Is this normal????

I did some sweatshirts (70/30) with white Joto multi cut vinyl. I followed the heat transfer instructions and they looked good and really attached/pressed on the garment.

I wanted to make sure the lettering was attached so I picked for about 30 seconds and was able to pick off up an edge and then pull the whole letter off one of the words.

Is that normal? I tried another sweatshirt with Siser Easyweed and was able to do the same thing as well.

Any suggestions?:thumbsup:?

Thanks,

Chris

Honestly, if you pick at it for 30 seconds, even properly applied good vinyl will probably come off.

I try to shoot for the upper end of the manufacturers specs on the press temp, usually helps.

I use quite a bit of Multicut (just finished a 30 yard roll in no time), but mostly do 100% cotton and some 50/50.  I don't often try to pick it off, but when I have had a need too, I usually have to reheat it to get it off without damaging the shirt.  My family wear quite a few shirts made from it and they get washed and dried almost weekly.  Also, a large group of my customers are people I see over and over at least 4-5 months at a time and no complaints so far.

I'd be sure you are getting it hot enough.  I tend to press at least 10 degrees hotter than the manufacturer suggest and always use a teflon sheet (one of the heavier ones).  I also prepress before applying the transfer and repress after removing the backing.

I use quite a bit of Multicut (just finished a 30 yard roll in no time), but mostly do 100% cotton and some 50/50.  I don't often try to pick it off, but when I have had a need too, I usually have to reheat it to get it off without damaging the shirt.  My family wear quite a few shirts made from it and they get washed and dried almost weekly.  Also, a large group of my customers are people I see over and over at least 4-5 months at a time and no complaints so far.

I'd be sure you are getting it hot enough.  I tend to press at least 10 degrees hotter than the manufacturer suggest and always use a teflon sheet (one of the heavier ones).  I also prepress before applying the transfer and repress after removing the backing.

:P:thumbsup:

I have only done a few shirts now, all of which are being "tested" right now. 

I have found that running 6-10 deg. above the manufacture's temp recommendation, and re-pressing after removing the backing helps ALOT!

Guest fivestar

I'd check the upper platen with an infared thermometer as you should not be able to pull vinyl off a shirt if you picked on it for an hr.  Be sure you pre-press to get any moisture out of the shirt as that will definitely keep it from sticking properly.

Since I've got my Mighty Press I never repress after I peel unless of course I am doing multi-colored.