Sign in to follow this  
Print Star

Need some help PLEASE!!!!

Peabody Looks like all the lines are gone but the file came through with the bee missing.

Kage The lines are all through it.

When I looked at the nodes, I notice that there were some right on top of each other, the one laying on top of the other is not connected to the main wire frame of the fonts or bee, but will cause the cutter to cut a line where it finds these nodes.  Ive had this happen to a few designs Ive cut, if your using sign blazer do a node edit and look around the whole design for what what looks like a darker colored cross, they will be darker than the rest of the nodes. and delete them.  But occasionally it will delete the node that is actually of part of the design and when you exit node edit it will have erased part of the design.

When I looked at the nodes, I notice that there were some right on top of each other, the one laying on top of the other is not connected to the main wire frame of the fonts or bee, but will cause the cutter to cut a line where it finds these nodes.  Ive had this happen to a few designs Ive cut, if your using sign blazer do a node edit and look around the whole design for what what looks like a darker colored cross, they will be darker than the rest of the nodes. and delete them.  But occasionally it will delete the node that is actually of part of the design and when you exit node edit it will have erased part of the design.

I did that with Corel. It took over 2 hours of breaking, deleting, joining, and lots of agrrevation and when I took it to SB it still was crap. Looked perfect on the screen in enhanced mode in Corel but it was all distorted in Corel. Thanks for the time and advice. Peabody just sent it to me ready to go.

Peabody Thank you!!!!!!! thank you!!!!!! thank you!!!!!! You are a life saver or at least a job saver! How did you fix it so FAST?:P  What program are you using to edit?

Corel, I just looked at it in wire frame and saw the lines. I just trimmed some of them up and joined the nodes. Then I thought there had to be a better way so, I just welded them together and it looked right to me. I'm glad it worked out. I don't know why the bee didn't export the first time.

Post some pics when you get it done.

Peabody

When you say you welded it did you do a total weld or what? I am still not the best with my graphics programs obviously. When I tried to weld it got all jumbled and alot of things disappeared.

Thanks again for the help!! I will put up a pic later. I am supposed to install it Friday.

I just selected the objects that were that were together, put a window around them and then welded. I'm not sure if this is the right way to do it though. I'm still figuring things out myself.