pvsigns

I need help getting my new MH 1351 to work with Winpcsign software

I bought the plotter hoping it would work with the software I had ( Vinyl Express), but it doesn't. I have tried all ports Serial , Parallel, USB and different drivers nothing I even tried a USB to serial adaptor. I bought the winpcsign software because it states that this machine works with it in the Manuel. I now have well over $1400.00 invested in a machine and software I can't use, Am I just out of luck with a brand new plotter and software I can't use or can anyone help?

Welcome to our forums!

This particular cutter should work with the Roland PNC-1000 driver for several programs. Tater is the WinPCSign expert, so he may be able to assist. You might want to PM him.

Should be able to find his name in one of the many posts he has and click on it, then under Actions, click on Send Personal Message.

He is a WinPCSign guru

kenimes ,

Tater may be the best at this subject but he seem to be to busy right now. Is there any one else that may be able to help?

Thanks

Sorry Ive been busy...

WinPCSign had a specific driver for the refine...

Here is how i reccomend setting it up.

Connect your machine to your computer with the serial connections... This is a com port, you can use the USB, however, serial is the best setup as far as ease as getting you going...

Turn on your machine and your computer. 

Open WinPCSign...

Goto Settings, Then plotter codes...

Click add/remove...

On the left, scroll down to Refine MH1351, click on it then click on the add, This should put it over on the right side...

If there are any additional plotters on the right, highlight then and click remove...

Click OK...

Select the COM port that your computer is using... If you dont know it, see below...

Leave the baud rate at 9600, then click accept/save...

Now, try to cut something...

import an image, type some text, or draw a circle to see if its working... make sure your plotter is on at this time.

GOTO File>cutting panel...

Now... If it works, GREAT... If not follow these procedures...

Since we are using the serial connection, there is no additional drivers to install that could cause communication issues.

Click Start goto the my computer ICON and RIGHT click on it, select properties...

Click the Hardware tab...

Click on device manager...

Scroll down to where it says ports (com & lpt)

expand this by click on the PLUS next to it,

You should see 'communications port' and there should be a number like COM4 or something, rember that number,,,

Now, go back into the plotter codes as described earlier in the post and make sure that the COM number that is in device manager matches the one in WINPCSIGN... If it doesnt, change it in WINPC...

Now, try to cut again...

This SHOULD get you up and running, if not, let me know...