Renegade

Can you identify my vinyl?

I know that its kind of a vinyl question, but since its heat textile applied vinyl I figured I might find the answer in this category first. 

I have a new roll of  at least 5 yards of red vinyl that I has no markings that I can find and I'm not really sure what it is or where it came from.  The only thing I've been able to track down in my records is that it might be Thermoflex, but I've not had any Thermoflex like it that I can remember.  So, the problem is I don't really trust using it since I'm not sure if there is something special about it or not. 

Can you identify my vinyl by this description?

It is 15" wide red vinyl that is bright rich red on one side that is covered with a clear backing on one side and a pale hazy almost pinkish red on the other side that has a pink backing on it as well.  The actual vinyl is sandwiched between two pieces of backing.  Its nearly unusable in the cutter as its super curly to the point you can't feed it or operate the cutter properly after its setup in the cutter because the edges and end rolls up so badly.  I did manage to figure out that if I cut off a foot long section and removed the pale side pink backing it loses all of its curling problems and behaves normally in the cutter, but to remove this backing would require unrolling the complete roll.  Neither of the clear backing sheets has any adhesive to speak of after it has been peeled.  I did manage to cut a piece off of it and used it to do a test cut and it seemed to work fine when pressed on a shirt, but was super thin and almost identical to Coastal's Digi-Cut PU vinyl samples that I tried recently.  I don't know if this extra backing is just normally removed before i get the vinyl and someone forgot or if this is some special version for nylon or maybe its alien proof heat transfer vinyl sent to me to save the planet. 

LMAO  :thumbsup:Im sorry i cant help you with your question but your story was good

Guest fivestar

I'd say it is alien vinyl sent for you to save the world.  Now ask yourself, how am I going to be able to save the world with just a roll of alien vinyl?

Actually the thin plastic comes off, it is on there to keep the vinyl from curling up.  It sounds to me like it may be Spectra Cut II from Shitprintable's and I'd throw that shitty ass stuff in the trash.  But I'm not 100% certain that's what it is.

It actually could be from Shitprintable's.  I could have received it for free at some point early on when I was still having smoke blown up my ass on another forum, but really think it was probably something more recent by its condition.  While I think its a bit too much vinyl to be a sample, I do order samples everytime I see them.  I have the most fun when my wife comes home from the mailbox with these huge 6'+ long boxes of vinyl and she says more parts for my space ship have arrived.  Some day I'm actually going to have to cut some of these rolls down and use them for something or at least build a new fence out of all of the boxes. 

have u ordered samples from richardson supply. i got some vinyl from them like that one time. i think it was hotmark but not sure. but it came from richardson supply

Haven't tried them yet.  Wondering if this is maybe a normal thing to have the second backing for shipping and for when they are working with the rolls and cutting them to size and such and then normally the backing is getting removed before we get the product, but someone forgot.

have u ordered samples from richardson supply. i got some vinyl from them like that one time. i think it was hotmark but not sure. but it came from richardson supply

I forgot to ask you what you think the industry standard pricing would be for identifying rolls of vinyl.  :thumbsup: