Sign in to follow this  
graphicguy

knife not on the cut strip on my PCUT

Hello,

I bought my Pcut back in July and have been doing limited work with it as it is a side job for extra income.  Just this past weekend I was cutting a job for a client and was having problems with the cut not being consistent.  As I kept trying to figure out ways to fix the problem I noticed that the knife is not even lined up to cut on the cutting strip of the machine.  It is actually cutting on the scale just in front of the cutting strip.  And here I have been using it like this since July with mixed results.

The knife holder has two slots that the knife can slide into.  Mine is currently in the front slot but needs to be in the back slot.  But it does not fit in the back slot.  Looking closer it looks like I can take the two screws out that hold the knife holder to the knife head and turn it around.  Is this correct??  If not what do I need to do to fix this problem?  Help me please!!!

The blade difinitly goes in the rear slot... you should just be able to unscrew the thumb screw to slide the blade holder into position. You may have to completely remove the screw to open up the clap.

The blade difinitly goes in the rear slot... you should just be able to unscrew the thumb screw to slide the blade holder into position. You may have to completely remove the screw to open up the clap.

yes it's a tight fit but rear slot for sure.

yes it's a tight fit but rear slot for sure.

:thumbsup:

Guest fivestar
:thumbsup:;D:) John you're gonna make us put this in the mature section.

See... John and I were being all serious, and you two had to take it "there"...

See... John and I were being all serious, and you two had to take it "there"...

YEAH RIGHT!! You know you were thinking it FM....we just said what you wouldn't!  :thumbsup:

honestly, I didn't notice the double meaning until someone with a dirty mind pointed it out to me. And you know who you are... :thumbsup:

I have tried to get the knife holder in the rear slot but it is real tight and seems like I could possibly break it by forcing it in.  There you have it, some more fodder for the dirty minded.  :thumbsup:

I will try it again though.  Thanks for all the help once again.  This forum has got to be the best resource out there.

BTW if the part happens to break are they readily available and if so an approximate cost?

Thanks again.

Get some extra blades.  You may not need them now, but its no fun when they go dull and you need to finish a job.  I'm not sure what blades the PCut uses, but I always get Clean Cut blades for my Graphtec.  They cost about about $15, but USCutter has cheaper blades that should work just fine.  Seems like the ones I had for my Laserpoint were like $15 for 3 from USCutter.  Also you might want to get some 60 degree blades as an alternative to your likely 45 degree blades.  Sometimes they help with finer detail and different materials.

I would also keep an eye for the blades USCutter sells on Ebay, it may take a little while, but you can get an awesome deal!

When I got my P-cut it was very hard to put the blade in the back slot and I had to remove the screw to get it in - I t got better with use.

I got the knife to fit into the back slot on my Pcut. The machine as a whole is operating much more smoothly after playing around with the cut pressure etc...Thanks to everyone for the help.  It is very much appreciated. :P

Over time, after you have replaced a few blades, the carriage arm should loosen up a bit and it won't be so snug.